Old Cauldron and DE Models?

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Bloodwren
Slave on the Altar

Old Cauldron and DE Models?

Post by Bloodwren »

Heya all,

I was wondering if anyone knew where to find old Dark Elf 90's era mini's, other than ebay? The classic Cauldron of Blood, bolt thrower, harpies, etc. Any help would be very appreciated!
Marauder mitch2
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Marauder mitch2 »

E-bay is your friend. I bought the old cauldron and RXBmen from there reasonably priced.
DJ Dizzy Posted: Jul 1 2009, 08:13 PM

Horror

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,989

My daemon record is 2 wins and 12 losses... Yep, I suck at warhammer
Lazarus
Phlebotomist of Khaine

Post by Lazarus »

Ebay is the best source for any older or oop minis. Every once in a great while you might come across old stock at a store that never sold, or maybe a local shop might sell older armies on consignment for gamers. The only other possibility I can imagine is buying older figures or an entire army from someone that you either game with or a friend of a friend that doesn't want to play with that army any longer or doesn't have any interest in the game any more. Try seeing if any local stores have a bulletin board where people advertise for games or minis for sale and see where those contacts lead you.
I've been to Middenheim,
I've been to Ulthuan,
I've been to Cathay too,
So what, so what
so what so what you boney little f***
Heldrak
Renegade Priest of Vaul

Post by Heldrak »

If you don't want to use eBay, you could also post in the trading forum here on Druchii.net, or over on the Bartertown trading site:

http://www.bartertown.com/trading/

You can also pm me directly, I have a large selection of old-school Dark Elf models...(although I charge an arm and a leg for them :twisted:)
Bloodwren
Slave on the Altar

Post by Bloodwren »

Thank you everyone so much for the kick arse info. I will keep an eye out on ebay, and be sure to ask around here as well. I managed to find the old armies books for Dark Elves, for fluff and art, picked those up last night for under $12 with shipping. Bartertown is actually pretty neat too!
Within the 1st quarter of 2009 I will be starting my first 1,000 points and getting them painted. When I have my army list ready and firm I will start looking around for specific models!
You guys are very helpful! Many happy holidays and kudos for making a dusty old DE player feel welcome coming back.

-Cheers,
Wren
Gastronauticon
Beastmaster

Post by Gastronauticon »

I have a thing for 3rd Ed as well. The cold ones are... different. Like anorectic 6th Ed ones.

Anywho, if you dont mind the shipping cost, E-bay searching specific European countries might dig up some really nice vintage stuff. Search words such as "dunkelelfen" or "elfos oscuros" has worked well for me in the past.

Good luck
You have reached the Department of Circular Reasoning.

Please hold.