How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Thanee
Rending Star
Rending Star

Sacrificial Dagger - what models have you sacrificed already

Post by Thanee »

Hey! :D

Just for the fun of it... what models have you sacrificed already with the Sacrificial Dagger?

Me:
Dark Elf Warriors. Ok, standard.
Dark Elf Repeater Crossbowmen. Also fairly standard.
But also Black Guard and at least one Dark Rider. :lol:
I don't think I have sacrificed Cold One Knights yet... though I'm not entirely sure.

You?

Anyone sacrifice crew members of a Reaper for an extra PD? The first? The last even?

Bye
Thanee
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

I am a firm believer that a dark elf will serve better dying by the enemy blade than by my own. I haven't even used the dagger once yet.
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16
Ehakir
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Ehakir »

Just the warriors... but the RBT crew seems a nice idea as well ^^
"Ceterum censeo Ulthuan esse delendam"
-Ehakir

3/4 of games are won by deathstars. Copy this into your signature if you still use real tactics to win.
~arcane~
Corsair

Post by ~arcane~ »

Given the chance, any self respecting Druchii sorceress would sacrifice that annoying unit champion with the Ring of Hotek who's messing her spells up, so make sure you keep them apart ;)
Tigtoad
Hydra Lord

Post by Tigtoad »

I don't know... war machine crews skirmish, the dagger says may sacrafice in btb contact.. I would argue you couldn't kill a scout or crew member with it.

My buddy joked that i should mount a level 4 sorceress on a dragon and murder the dragon for a key power die. I wouldn't do it, but it sounded funny.

I have murdered xbowmen and spearelves. I would have no problem taking out a black guard if i had to. I guess the next step up would be corsair.. but I rearely use them.
Kheel
Noble

Post by Kheel »

TigToad wrote:I don't know... war machine crews skirmish, the dagger says may sacrafice in btb contact.. I would argue you couldn't kill a scout or crew member with it.

My buddy joked that i should mount a level 4 sorceress on a dragon and murder the dragon for a key power die. I wouldn't do it, but it sounded funny.

I have murdered xbowmen and spearelves. I would have no problem taking out a black guard if i had to. I guess the next step up would be corsair.. but I rearely use them.

I agree with you.
I wouldn't want to sacrifice the bolt throwers crew members, because then it has no chance to fire! D'oh!
But since they are skirmish, I'm quite sure that you can.

As for the dragon, I'm fairly sure that they both count as a single model, which means that they are not in base to base, they are the same base.
Making it impossible to sacrifice the dragon in any way.

However, take your most expensive Lord and use a level 1 sorc with sac daggers on and sacrifice the Lord. I dare you to try it! Or would the "look out Sir!" rule apply to that as well?
//Kheel

Nobody really cares if you’re miserable, so you might as well be happy.
Amras
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Amras »

Hmmm. How about sacrificing Malekith? :D
"Keep your friends close, but keep your enemies closer."
Why?
Slave on the Altar

Post by Why? »

Does the enemy get VP for the dead model ? Because if you killed the drago nthen you are denying them points...
Darthken
Assassin
Location: Australia, the place where kangaroo's hop down the street with a can of fosters in their pouch

Post by Darthken »

probably sacrificed about 60-70 warriors since the book came out
you don't know the power of the darkside
Right hand of khaine
Shade

Post by Right hand of khaine »

I would only sacrifice warriors and crossbows for the simple reason they are the least powerful troop choices, cheap and expendable without having to worry about the tide of battle changing because of an idiotic decision.

Seeing somebody sacrifice something more powerful would certainly add to the amusement factor, but best done only when the unit becomes powerless to otherwise have an affect.

Killing a character for a measly single power dice would be a highlight if it resulted in a magic phase which destroyed the enemy, but otherwise just a sure fine way to lose the game.....an interesting assassination idea however.....

Right Hand of Khaine
Fr0
Trademaster

Post by Fr0 »

21 DE spears, and worth every point. :D She destoyed a unit of 7 Chaos Knights, 20 Marauders, and a Chaos sorcerer.
Skulls for khaine
Executioner

Post by Skulls for khaine »

Morathi's Pegasus has fallen to a sac dagger in a game of mine...

She then joined a unit of Warriors and killed 15 of them :twisted: .
Crawd
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Crawd »

A unit of 25 warriors is awesome for this item. You basicly don't have to worry about the panic check since you can sacrifice, if needed, 3 warriors per turn all the game (Unless they lose some models by shooting or close combat) and you won't even have a single panic check with the dagger.

With a unit like that, it's almost like she's having a backpack of power stone ;)
And the server wrote:Internal Server Error
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Skulls for Khaine wrote:Morathi's Pegasus has fallen to a sac dagger in a game of mine...
Not RAW: the sorceress can sacrifice a model from a unit she has joined (nothing prevents them to be skirmishers).
But the idea was imaginative.

And what a cost! The peggy plus 15 warriors (or 25 warriors) plus the dagger itself, that makes it one of the most expansive magic item in the game.
Yes, powerful. But priceless...
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Rob the dark elf
Executioner

Post by Rob the dark elf »

Mainly warriors as they're the cheapest. I would consider crossbowmen though. I only ever give the dagger to a L2 sorceress, I once gave it a level 4 and I couldn't resist killing 4-5 of my own men each magic phase. She was powerful but the unit just fell apart, d'oh! It was quite funny though.
Thanee
Rending Star
Rending Star

Post by Thanee »

TigToad wrote:I don't know... war machine crews skirmish, the dagger says may sacrafice in btb contact.

Uhm... war machine crews do not skirmish (they are just commonly placed like skirmishers, but nothing prevents them from standing btb) and the dagger also doesn't say anything about btb contact.

Calisson wrote:the sorceress can sacrifice a model from a unit she has joined

I just wonder... can you sacrifice an actual RBT then!?

Gonna have to do this, just for the look on my opponent's face (though sacrificing Malekith would still be the most awesome, I guess, especially if Morathi does it (after getting her peggie shot down, so that she actually can do it)). :lol:

Bye
Thanee
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Thanee wrote:
Calisson wrote:the sorceress can sacrifice a model from a unit she has joined

I just wonder... can you sacrifice an actual RBT then!?

Gonna have to do this, just for the look on my opponent's face
Yep! :lol:
At least in the French edition (usually very accurate translation), they mention the word "figurine" which means model.
Be aware that the sorceress cannot join a RBT with no handler however, so it would be effectively a sacrifice of a working unit... but definitevely worth if about to be charged, and 2 handlers + 1 RBT = 3 sacc dice. :twisted:
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Ebonyphoenix
Noble

Post by Ebonyphoenix »

I keep the dagger in a unit of spearmen. Since I only put it on a lv4 she goes through them pretty fast.
I once put her in a unit of 30 against lizardmen. She had dark magic spells 2,4,5, and 6 and had butchered the unit to the standard bearer by the end of turn 6. :shock:
"Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons, For You Are Crunchy And Taste Good With Ketchup"

My motto: Whether I win, lose, or draw the game; I win as long as my opponent has pulled their hair out by the end of the game. :twisted:

Honoring Khaine since March 2003.
Mordru
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Mordru »

I have slain rxb, spears and corsairs by the handfuls. Never sliced an cavalry models with the thing yet.
To strive, to persevere, to conquer.