How Do We Beat Slaaneshi Cheesy Armies?

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Rendingstar
Slave on the Altar

How Do We Beat Slaaneshi Cheesy Armies?

Post by Rendingstar »

Hi everyone,

This may seem a strange post but Im going to play a game sooner or later against a guy whose convinced his Slaanesh 'themed' Daemon army is the most unbeatable thing going :lol: . Now i dont know whats in his list, im guessing the masque, -2 Ld Banner, Siren Songs and Siren Standards everywhere. and possibly, if hes as optimal as he cliams to be, a Keeper of Secrets

I know I will outnumber him, but his troops are going to be faster than mine, and I think bait and flee will work nicley against immune to psyc daemons, but with the cheesy siren song and standards I will be hard pressed to control the movement phase.

SO what i am asking is what tools will work well and what else should i look out for?

I may have to fight cheese with cheese but dont want to have to. dont hold back in suggesting something wild, im open to crazy suggestions.
Wargamers Do It With Models
Rugi
Noble
Location: probably still burried under snow after a failed backflip attempt

Post by Rugi »

If your group allows special characters you are screwed. If not, you have a fair chance against them. Kepper is the easiest greater daemon to shoot down. Assassins can also hurt him really bad.
About the siren standard. We have a great way to deal with it-harpies (especially if he has -2 Ld banner). Just make sure your harpies are outside of generals range, fail a fear check and yupi! He goes where you want him to go.
Black guards are a must against daemons and you won´t believe what witch elves can do! They are daemon killers in a unit of 6! Brought down 2 beasts of nurgle in two rounds and two flesh hounds before they were killed.

IMO, the worst daemon army has a bloodthirster and a lot of flamers.
Comrade igor
Daemon in Disguise

Post by Comrade igor »

Heya

You need a good firebase. You should be looking at 2 units of RXBmen and 2 RBTs, with some shades thrown in for marchblocking. You'd want to slow down and shoot down as many of the daemons as possible. Shoot the Keeper with everything you got, you can get him down in one round.

Take a character with the Pendant to tie up the Keeper in combat should he make it that far.

Stuff that causes fear/terror/ItP will be your best bet. BG, CoK, CoC, Cold-one riding characters in infantry blocks, Hydra and so on.

Slaanesh Daemons are very in-your-face, but if you dont factor the psychology bomb then they're just a glass hammer - fast but soft and med-low strength appart from the Keeper.

One thing i don't recommend is taking a Dragon/Manticore. The Keeper will mince it. If you want to take it in combat, gear your character towards survivng and let combat resolution do the work.

Good luck.
Best Regards, Comrade Igor.

Where there's a Whip there's a Way
Rendingstar
Slave on the Altar

Post by Rendingstar »

Cheers guys,

Thinking about it we are rather a good match against this kind of army, and not too rediculous a list is going to be needed to get over them.

The Pendant is going to be sweet at surviving a Kipper, IF it gets to combat which is an issue

Black Guard will also totaly brutalise Daemonettes even if a herald is in there. I could if it gets dodgy put Kouran in some to make them unbreakable black guard
Wargamers Do It With Models
Camaris
Black Guard

Post by Camaris »

I love fighting this army, because every time I beat it, I feel uber powerful. ;) Fight cheese with cheese. Captain Scarlet on a Dragon has about a fifty percent chance of taking out a Keeper of Secrets in a duel, so shoot single bolts at it, and then combo charge it with Captian sacarlet and maybe a unit that has an uber killy assassin(manbane, rune of khaine) Crossbow shooting should be able to take out most of the fast Slaanesh units with Siren Standard. As others have been saying, use harpies to redirect charges, and shades to marchblock/tie up flamers. Once you get into combat ASF BG, Hydras, COK should work wonders as long as your units your units are positioned correctly.
Desert icon
Assassin

Post by Desert icon »

Break his models! He won't be using that cheesy Slaanesh army anytime soon (common side effects may include refusal to play with you and punches to faces).

But seriously, they can be a real problem, especially taking into account their insane-o speed.

My solution? Lots... and lots... of shooting...

Take into account that they're mostly unarmored except for their annoying ward save. This means that you have a 2/3 chance of killing most things you wound.

Personally, I'd use Comrade Igor's suggestion... on steroids. I'd throw in 4 Reapers, fill out my core with crossbows, and have a couple of groups of Witches and maybe a unit of frenzied Corsairs. Toss in a unit of Cold Ones and a unit of Black Guards and you should have yourself a mighty fine hoedown.

Just make sure you ask the Keeper first if it wants to dance before you turn your attention to the other ladies on the field. You wouldn't want it to feel lonely now, would you?