Harpies not pictured in the book

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Ersatzgnomes
Slave (off the Altar)

Harpies not pictured in the book

Post by Ersatzgnomes »

There's probably a thread somewhere back at the dawn of time that discusses this, but when I put "harpy" in the search box, I found every army list ever.

So my question is, are harpies not pictured in the book because they are getting new models at some point? I know that GW has been on a more "family friendly" routine lately (daemonettes no longer having boobs, etc) so that could lead to the harpies not being pictured, but could this possibly mean new models?
Skilett
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Skilett »

I raised the question in a thread about games day Italy and second wave of dark elf models. A few replies, but noone really believed the reasoning. I'm still hopeful though. 8)

http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t= ... c&start=75

The harpy bit is about 2/3 down the page, roughly.
Layne
Arnold Layne
Arnold Layne

Post by Layne »

The answer is, nobody here knows if there is any new models [at all, that is, never mind new harpies]. Or if they do, they won't say. Maybe the designers didn't put harpies in the book because they're as ugly as a kick in the giblets?
Layne
Global Moderator. Everything but the weather.

Caveat Numptor.

Karonath - WS6 / S4 / T4 / D5 / I3
Equipment: Bloodfeather, heavy armour, helm, Sea Dragon Cloak, rope x 2, month rations x 2
Inventory: longspear, 2 short swords, glaive, winter gear, shade cloak,
Mount: Dark Steed (Shiny), talisman of kurnous
Gold: 2294
Skills: Ambidexterity, Controlled Frenzy, Basic Ride, Drukh Kaganth
Class: Khainite
Rabidnid
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Rabidnid »

Stop bagging our beautiful girls. We are as likely to get new Black guard or witches as harpies. Unlike chaos which everybody buys, DE aren't that common and harpies, while core, are relatively new models so unlikely to be replaced by a plastic sprue.
"Luck is the residue of design"
Mr. anderson
Dark Illusionist

Post by Mr. anderson »

Layne and 'nid have hit it. That there ain't no pictures of the new harpies in the book is literally all we know about them. And before this degrades into spamming/wishlists and/or their likes, I'll lock this down. If indeed there are concrete news about harpies and someone has evidence of it (pictures, no less, otherwise it ain't true ;) ), pm me and I shall gladly re-open the topic again. Until then, this thread will be locked down.
When I think of something witty, I shall put it here.