Heroic Performances

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Hans von darkelf
Corsair

Post by Hans von darkelf »

Had a death hag kill 19 high elves in one game, she spent most of the time running round my herself in the immediate vicinity of both korhil and teclis, suffered not a single wound, eventually she forced teclis of the board as the person playing didnt want teclis to be killed by the invincible "SuperHAG" with many attacks. :twisted:
Dalamar wrote:It was the alien hat!

Now we know the truth :twisted:
Vietnow
Cold One Knight

Post by Vietnow »

Last night against my roomates DoC, Nurgle themed list some rediculous things happened.

Turn 1, pit of Shades eats his great unclean one, I irresistable forced it, although he had no dispell gifts, and he rolled a 5 for initiative 4. He fortiets, and I just say, "let's pretend it didn't happen." He says if it happens again he'll just fofeit, again. Poor sport, yes, but I actually wanted to play the game so I didn't try it again. His BSB passed the initiative test on a 2, three times.......

He inflicts enough wounds to cause poison to go off on a 4+ (thanks Epidemus) However, this game i brought witches, a lot of witches. My Witches frenzy charge his bloodletters, and inflict 17 wounds (had with +d3 attacks) and kill them to a man. They overrun into the blue scribes of tzeentch, he challenges, i get +3 attacks and destroy it.
Darthken
Assassin
Location: Australia, the place where kangaroo's hop down the street with a can of fosters in their pouch

Post by Darthken »

on the weekend my 5 harpies declared a charge against a level 4 Tzeench sorcerer on a disc. failed their fear test, but outnumbered so still charged in, needing 6's

they all failed to wound, the sorcerer also failed to wound the harpies,
i won combat due to outnumbering, he failed his break test and promptly fled off the board.

this guy is very unlucky we have had 1 game every weekend for the last 3 weeks and in every game his general has failed an important Ld test and fled off the board, twice while riding a dragon to.

also in our 1st game ( he had not played against DE since the new book came out) he deployed 2 chariots very close to a wood which contained my shades and assassin.
he was quite suprised when my assassin appeared with his S7 throwing stars and killed a chariot per turn
you don't know the power of the darkside
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

darthken wrote:on the weekend my 5 harpies declared a charge against a level 4 Tzeench sorcerer on a disc. failed their fear test, but outnumbered so still charged in, needing 6's

If you fail a fear test when declaring a charge, you don't move at all, doesn't matter who outnumbers whom. (yes, that means a full unit can fail to charge last remaining Cold One Knight if they fail their fear check)
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16
Darthken
Assassin
Location: Australia, the place where kangaroo's hop down the street with a can of fosters in their pouch

Post by Darthken »

oops my mistake, its a club house rule we use all the time

i should have clarified but often forget
you don't know the power of the darkside
Cyrialin
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Cyrialin »

So first turn vs WoC
Daemon Prince is standing next to my shades because he thinks his infernal gateway would destroy them.

He gets 3 hits str 3, two times snake eyes
One dead shade

My first turn,
My shades charge the Deamon Prince hitting four and wounding four, he fails three wounds, Daemon Prince was almost useless for the rest of the battle
Dark Elves W/D/L 10/0/0
Kenrik
Slave on the Altar

Post by Kenrik »

It was quite some time back, but I was having a beginners lesson at GW Liverpool and I was up against VC. A unit of VC Blood Knights charged my CoK with my Master in it and challenged my Master. I accepted, both of us failing to cause any wound and I bearly saved my character from death by rolling a 6, which I needed. The Blood Knights proceeded to kill all my CoK and I needed to take a leadership test. I then proceeded to roll double 1, staying there and holding off long enough for reinforcements.
Vrah'nah'eleth
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Vrah'nah'eleth »

My lone master on black steed, full mundane an PoK, suffewred 2 turns of fire without a wound from:

20 dwarf handgunner & 1 dwarf ballista...

In another game, the same master charged alone and won against a Wargulf(the horse dealing 2 wounds...)

Again, against Bretonnians, this lucky guy chraged 6 grail kngihts and won the combat...they flee (!), he catch them...
Wars begin where You will, but they do not end where you please...

3/4 of games are won by deathstars. Copy this into your signature if you still use real tactics to win.
Vrah'nah'eleth
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Vrah'nah'eleth »

And, some years ago, in 5th ed, i played with the lizards. My enemy was a demonic army. His Uber-doped-prince demon - of-the - death star- assassin charges a poor salamnder...

he kills 1 skink the first turn...he takes 2 wounds in return
he kills the lamander in the second turn, he takes 2 wound in return.
in the third turn the remaining skink kills the demon prince...
not having failed a Ld test and having rolled so many 6 to wound and hit...
Wars begin where You will, but they do not end where you please...

3/4 of games are won by deathstars. Copy this into your signature if you still use real tactics to win.
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

Just today my sorceress killed a chaos lord. :D

She and her unit of warriors were overran into by the lord and his marauder retinue. In my turn I managed to pull off executioners charge on their flank (using chaos spawn as speed boost) which allowed me to win combat.
During the fight, sorceress challenged the chaos lord, took 3 wounds and saved all on the little pendant :twisted:
The lord and his marauders broke but didn't get caught, they rallied soon after only to get charged by my warriors and the bloodthirsty sorceress again. Cauldron of Blood supplied the unit with Killing Blow and sorceress goes out challenging the coward again.
She rolls a 1... hatred, changed to 6... wounding... 6! dead Lord of Chaos :D
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16
Marauder mitch2
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Marauder mitch2 »

Well my last game i had a dancing hydra as he passed a I test from pit and then proceeded toeat asteg and saurus warrios, but before got charged by Mr 0+ armour save scar vet and skinks and ate them all. All without the cauldron.
DJ Dizzy Posted: Jul 1 2009, 08:13 PM

Horror

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,989

My daemon record is 2 wins and 12 losses... Yep, I suck at warhammer
Azimyth
Beastmaster

Post by Azimyth »

Last night in both my games my RxB troops pulled wonders.
In the first game 1 round of shooting from 30 RXB's put 20+ wounds on a unit of a empire spears 25 strong to begin with. And it has two mages in it.
In the second game my unit of 20 RXB's put 6 wounds on a great unclean one in one round of shooting and then removed him from the table in the next. :evil:
South African Players: http://www.warhammergenerals.co.za
Religion: A cult for the masses
God Protect Me ... From Your Followers
ETC: Rules for whingers who still want to play 7th
Rabidnid
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Rabidnid »

Azimyth wrote:Last night in both my games my RxB troops pulled wonders.
In the first game 1 round of shooting from 30 RXB's put 20+ wounds on a unit of a empire spears 25 strong to begin with. And it has two mages in it.
In the second game my unit of 20 RXB's put 6 wounds on a great unclean one in one round of shooting and then removed him from the table in the next. :evil:

I love my RXBs, they do stuff like that all the time :)
"Luck is the residue of design"
Ebola
Slave on the Altar

Post by Ebola »

Many years ago - I was playing Empire vs Chaos Dwarves. 5th ed. rules.

I won first move and with my very first canon shot at the CD General riding his Taurus Bull I take out General. Taurus Bull then promptly flees the field with another few panicked units.

It set the tone for the rest of the game where my dice were rolling hot that day!

Cheers,
Ebola
Mobynick
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Mobynick »

Sit back and allow me to tell you the tale of Sir Tristan of Lyonesse and Damsel Abigail. The last remaining members of the Lyonesse releif force, brutally set upon by Ogres, HE's and Chaos. Tristan and his charge Slew a chaos lord who barred their way from the field. The pair charged a bolt thrower, saved from serious harm by the ladys blessing. Then finally killed a lone ogre butcher before marching from the field. Bretonian valor at its best. (the chaos player won after pleding with the HE player to attack the Ogres instead of him...then charged the HE's while they were in said combat...chaos scum :twisted: )
In-ghost
Trainee Warrior

Post by In-ghost »

against WoC, i charged a unit of warriors with a character with 5 COK with FC and hydra b. BSB. He had to challenge, so i accepted with champ. He had to pass 2 5+ AS or die and of course he passed them and then killed my champ, gaining some chaos bonus for winning challenge. Next turn he again had to challenge and i had to accept, and fear for the life of my precious BSB, who lost +1 A and +2 STR... So BSB attacked and managed to wound. Once. By the time i had my BSB for that but then i realized that BSBs litlle lizzie could try. And... It ate that guy :D and i have to laugh always when i imagine that situation where that guy raises his axe or whatever to cut my BSB to pieces and that lovely reptile just opens its mouth and... :D:D:D
Stay (sic)
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Yesterday's battle (my Empire vs my son's Dwarfs), the best moment was when my Empire Grand Master of the Order of the Black Bear, facing from his mount a flood of dwarven helmets, challenged whether there was a stunty who dared give him a good fight. A not-so-stunty dwarf general, on top of the shield held by two solid warriors, replied that my grand Master was going to die for that. My general made his 4 hits => 4 misses (too low). The dwarven general made his 4 hits => 4 misses (too high). My horse tried his single, weak hit, which did hit the skillful dwarven lord warrior, did wound the solid dwarf noble, did pass the best armour dwarfs can offer (1+). The two shieldbearers missed (too high). The MVP of the challenge was the horse :lol:
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Tethlis
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Tethlis »

When I used my Cult of Slaanesh, I had a game versus Dwarves. My mounted Daemonettes (now known as Seekers of Slaanesh) flank-charged a Thunderer unit, ready to overrun into an organ gun. The Daemonettes inflicted zero wounds, took none, botched Instability and completely died. Then my Level 2 general and my Anointed both blew themselves up with miscasts, while my Cold One Knights went stupid 5/6 turns and never saw combat. That was nearly a 900 Victory Point swing in favor of the Dwarves, without them actually inflicting a single wound ;).
There is no escape from Chaos. It marks us all.

Persuader
Executioner

Post by Persuader »

My 24 Repeater Crossbowmen...
I always roll an insane amount of 6's So with 48Shots, repeater, long range. his beastmen don't like it.

A few games ago my Hydra stood up against 7 Chosen + LORD (he had a weapon that did D3 wounds) with the Fire banner. Hydra didn't take a single zound, hahahahah
When you could fight back there was only a running Lord left :)
Aerrone
Shade

Post by Aerrone »

Local tournament (6th Ed.)

Game vs. Vampire Counts (Blood Dragon).

The scenario had a special "Fog of War" rule. At the start of each turn, one player would roll an Artillery Die and multiply the result by 3. This was how far, in inches, units could see for that turn (same result for both players' turns). A misfire resulted in 1" of sight.

I had the first turn and let my opponent roll the Arty die for sight distance. Maximum range of 30". I aimed both of my RBTs at his Blood Dragon Vampire Lord (the old, 4 wound version) on top of a Zombie Dragon and fired two single bolts. (One RBT was barely in sight range).

Two hits. Both randomized onto the Vampire. Both wounded. He failed both of his 4+ ward saves (Crown of the Damned). 2D3 wounds became 5 wounds. Dead VC General! His army of Dire Wolves, Black Knights and a few other things proceeded to start crumbling at the end of my first shooting phase. The Zombie Dragon survived the first crumbling, but completely succumed in his first turn. Needless to say, the game was a complete massacre in my favour.

This is made more amazing by the fact that I usually have terrible luck shooting a single bolt. Single bolts must miss something like 75% of the time for me.

Another 6th Ed game, this time vs. Wood Elves.

1000pts. My rare is a single RBT. His is a Treeman.

I get first turn. Single Bolt into the TM. Hit, wound, failed ward, 3 wounds. Treeman comes closer.

2nd turn. Single Bolt into the TM. Hit, wound, failed ward, 3 wounds. Dead Treeman!

Next time I played the same guy in another 1000pt game. Again, I have a single RBT, he has a Treeman.

My first turn, I single bolt the TM for 3 wounds. He proceeds to hide the TM in a woods to avoid a repeat of the previous game! Psychology for the win!
Jadin
Black Guard

Post by Jadin »

I had 3 Witch Elves (just the command group, it was a unit of 20 but they were shot to bits by Ratling Guns) attack a unit of 9 Skaven(They were Corsairs) holding a tower in the Watchtower Scenario. They killed 7 of the 9 Clanrats with the following rolls: 13 attacks(extra attack from Cauldron plus Frenzy plus Extra Handweapon) 12 hits, 11 wounds. My opponent made 4 saves, so I killed 7 Clanrats and the other 2 did no damage and ran away, giving me the Tower.

Then those poor girls got changed into Clanrats.

I also had my Death Hag BSB Cauldron of Blood with Rune of Khaine wipe out 3 Rat Ogres and their handler in the same game. The attendants did not even get to attack.
Ichiyo1821
Highborn

Post by Ichiyo1821 »

7th Edition game a 10 man Crossbow unit takes a combined charge from a Khorne Bloodthirster and 3 man Bloodcrusher unit and holds for one turn just enough for my Dragonlord and Blackguard to finish the job.

7th Edition Manticore Lord + Deathpiercer hits 8 Killing Blow on the charge. Enough said. :twisted:

6th Edition a 5 man (woman) group Harpies kill one 9 man Knights of the Realm, 5 Questing Knights and 1 Pegasus Knight in one turn (all units panicked from shooting and ran into my Harpies) :twisted:

6th Edition Gauntlet of Power wielding lord Kills 4 characters in one game against chaos.

6th Editon 4 bolt throwers clean the table. Takes Bloodthirster on Turn 1, Monster Reaction on Hellcannon on turn 2 and takes 4 Chosen Knights on turn 3. Absolutely insane lucky rolls. Me and my opponent just laughed after. :shock:
8th Edition

W/D/L
86/1/5

New AB
W/D/L
32/1/0

9th Age
W/D/L

Vae Victis
Character kill count -182

"To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill."

Armies
Dark Elves
Dark Eldar
Death Korps of Kreig
Malekii
Shade

Post by Malekii »

Sorry to restart an old thread

My best moment was when my empire level 2's unit was charged by grimgor and his immortulz. my wizard challenged grimgore he accepted for the overkill. then my wizard pulls an ace out of his sleeve or rather a speculum then my opponant watched in horror as my wizard rolled up his sleeves and beat the crap out of grimgor. Ever since then my opponant has never charged that unit again.
Never trust a monster wearing a top hat

Hi, i'm Malekii but you can call me My Lord.
Malus99
Scourge
Scourge

Post by Malus99 »

sorceress holds tower against 18 Khornate Chaos Warriors

2 Cold One Knights hold those same warriors in combat for the rest of the game.

in a 1k game my Traitorous Hydra destroys 605 points of my own army when I lent it to someone, by the end of the game it was his only unit left standing. I still won, by a single VP.
Veni, Vidi, Voro!!!

All things perish, this is the law of existence, accept your suffering and your mortality, only by using this truth, can you transcend it.
Tah kazak rik
Trainee Warrior

Post by Tah kazak rik »

In my first game using DE army list, I had a small unit of 10 Witch Elves, survive 4 rounds of combat against 50 Chaos Warriors. My opponent could not roll to hit them to save his life, and I kept rolling double 1s for combat res. It was ridiculus.

However in the 5th round, he finally rolled well and killed the remaing 5 witch elves.