Dragon + rider, why I would I go for a sorceress?

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Killerk
Malekith's Best Friend

Dragon + rider, why I would I go for a sorceress?

Post by Killerk »

When fielding a Dragon I never really gave a thought of mounting a sorceress on one. But once in a while I like to try some thing new, so I mounted a sorceress on a dragon + pendant + focus familiar + hydar blade, and gave her a go, played 3 games and she worked great, won all of them. Then a local tournament came up, took the sorceress again this time I gave her the life taker, again worked wonders, but I'm going back to the hydar blade, works much better.

Now most players go for 2 lv. 2 sorceress and a dragon + highborn (like the name better). to get the most out of the list. I must admit I never used this alternative so I need your feed back.

Now imagine a H.sorceress on a dragon and two nobles on Dark Pegasus. This gives you much more punch, and more flexibility in a list. Your sorceress may be where you need here, you can hide behind terrain and still cast spells, also she can take on units (as long as she hits flanks or rear of units), when accompanied by other heroes, usually they brake units in the turn they charge, on average on the turn they charged I get 10-11 kills, even if you hit units head on they can brake them, the only thing that you don't want to do is charge units head on if they have powerful heroes in the front rank, usually they call a challenge and the combat isn't as good as you would like it to be.

As well as magic goes I usually get a good spell off each turn, some of you might say that's not so good, but most things just get dispelled, or scrolled.

as far as the rest of the army, I go for a shooting theme, 2 RBT, 2x10 RXB, 2x5 DR+RXB, 2x5 haripes, 20 corasiar+serpent banner + assassin, is usually my back bone the rest is not all that important.

using sorc. on foot I frequently had a problem with range and getting a certain spell where I need it. Most people's answer is a DP, and it's true it can fly, but when facing skirmishers the risk of a charge is just devastating. With a dragon the situation changes you opponent hides his skirmishers from you not to risk a charge. It opens up so many possibilities.

Another advantage is steal soul, 6 wounds on a sorceress makes here nearly invincible.

having 5 flying units on the table just gives you such flexibility, it's just ....... not fair :twisted: , but hell we are the Druchii.
Also known as Kanadian