Dark Riders - How best to use them ?

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Vallers
Slave (off the Altar)

Dark Riders - How best to use them ?

Post by Vallers »

Ive just asked the question on CoK's as they have been a huge disappointment to me, but do love the models and feel they could be powerful if used well enough.

The same goes for Dark Riders, never used them before, but when I team up with another DE player in large games he always takes a small unit which seem to work for him.

How do people use them ?

Do you take shields ?

Do you always give them the RXBs ?

What numbers do you field ?

Do you take any command ?
Layne
Arnold Layne
Arnold Layne

Post by Layne »

My dear fellow... do have a look at the D.R.A.I.C.H. One fine day we'll get a link on the front page somehow. But until such time, it is at the top of the Tactics forum. A bit of general advice to you, then : have a look about the place before you ask. In there, and in many other places about the forum, you can find answers to most any question.

Welcome to dnet. Don't feel bad, everyone gets the boot first. Then, if you get up again, cake!
Layne
Global Moderator. Everything but the weather.

Caveat Numptor.

Karonath - WS6 / S4 / T4 / D5 / I3
Equipment: Bloodfeather, heavy armour, helm, Sea Dragon Cloak, rope x 2, month rations x 2
Inventory: longspear, 2 short swords, glaive, winter gear, shade cloak,
Mount: Dark Steed (Shiny), talisman of kurnous
Gold: 2294
Skills: Ambidexterity, Controlled Frenzy, Basic Ride, Drukh Kaganth
Class: Khainite
Ehakir
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Ehakir »

In case you can't understand the reaction of Layne, I will explain: The Dark Riders are the most discussed unit on this forum, probably.
Welcome to D.net, and I hope you will have a good stay here.
"Ceterum censeo Ulthuan esse delendam"
-Ehakir

3/4 of games are won by deathstars. Copy this into your signature if you still use real tactics to win.
Irtehdar
Assassin

Post by Irtehdar »

Okay a short rundown of DR's
Usually they are fielded as 5 with a musician and often with RxB's.
They are usually used for controlling the movement phase and forcing the opponent to follow our gameplan(whatever that may be)
They are rarely used to do any fighting.

For a full rundown on the marvel that is the DR's look through the stickies. But know that when used well the DR's win your battles for you.
Daddy! I sorta kinda had an accident... I was playing with my slave and it sorta... Umm... It's arm fell off!
*sobs*

"3/4 of games are won by deathstars. Copy this into your signature if you still use real tactics to win"

Any idiot can measure strenght. Against properly played MSU you must measure something you cannot see.
Phierlihy
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Phierlihy »

This has been done to death. A search will bring up more than you ever wanted to know about Dark Riders!