Hand of Khaine
26%
Spellshield
74%

Total votes: 50

Crawd
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Crawd »

sulla wrote:I have used him several times. Against most armies he is a tough proposition in a BG unit. He makes them immune to magic, benefits from their strikes first or armour piercing banner and makes surrounding troops more reliable.

Malekith is not a gamewinner like the daemon or warriors special characters. He is a fluff character who is about fairly costed (for a decent fighter and a decent spellcaster combined). He is more of an army support than a centrepice. Use him as such.

But it depends on the game point limitation. I mean around 2k, he's out of the army most of the time. around 3k, yes, he might help the army but I think that below that, he's taking too many points for what he can do.
And the server wrote:Internal Server Error
Sulla
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Sulla »

I've used him plenty of times at 2K. He's very good vs skaven and decent vs VC. I wouldn't use him vs daemons but he'd be worth it vs empire, orcs or HE too IMO.

He's a challenge to get the most out of, but a fun challenge. (Now if I could just learn to avoid my legendary turn5 stupidity test failure with his mount, I would be invincible...Muhuhahaha!)
Cyberactivity
Shade

Post by Cyberactivity »

I used him on Dragon in the old rules. That's right, he took up over half the army but boy was he fun flying round the board.

Was thinking of re-writing the army list for the new rules and have a themed list.

Something like:

Malkeith on Dragon
Caddy

Dark Riders
Dark Riders
Xbowmen

BG with FC, ASF, CD

Hydra
RBT x 2

or something like that.
Oliver the anointed
Slave on the Altar

Post by Oliver the anointed »

definitely spellshield. Without it, Malky is just an arrow magnet.
Click to lvl up my daemon!

Mr. anderson
Dark Illusionist

Post by Mr. anderson »

This thread is more than 2 months old. Please refrain from posting in topics older than a week or two. This rule an be found in the FAQ and the Rules (check my signature for a link). Thread locked for threadomancy.
When I think of something witty, I shall put it here.