The lore of metal

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Zenith
Noble

The lore of metal

Post by Zenith »

Fellow drow, Im talking about Spirit of the Forge here.

The metal lore naturally is good versus heavelly armoured models. However i read in the disciption that the Spirit of the Forge affects 2 d6 models, instead of doing 2 d6 hits! this means its quite crap versus a steam tank or something like a treemen or something, as it will only do 1 hit max.

Am i right or did i misread somehing.

Also do we get to reroll impact hits from our chariot?

Thx Zenith,
Madkins
Trainee Warrior

Post by Madkins »

Hatred only allows you to reroll attempts to hit. Impact hits hit automatically and the roll only determines how many of them you get, not whether they hit or not, so no.

That would be cool though.....
The golden arrow
Cold One Knight

Post by The golden arrow »

I believe this was errated in a gw faq some while ago saying that spirit of the forge influct 2 d6 hits.
Desert icon
Assassin

Re: The lore of metal

Post by Desert icon »

Zenith wrote:Fellow drow, Im talking about Spirit of the Forge here.

We are Druchii, not Drow. Drow live in dark, dank, filthy caves underground, while we live in massive fort-cities and sky-scraping towers. Don't compare us to such a rabble!

Zenith wrote:The metal lore naturally is good versus heavelly armoured models. However i read in the disciption that the Spirit of the Forge affects 2 d6 models, instead of doing 2 d6 hits! this means its quite crap versus a steam tank or something like a treemen or something, as it will only do 1 hit max.

Am i right or did i misread somehing.

VS Steam tanks and Treemen you will get 2d6 hits.

Zenith wrote:Also do we get to reroll impact hits from our chariot?

Why would you? The chariots do not have a rule saying that they re-roll impact hits, and if you're referring to Hatred, then you should go read up on the rules for it. The rules for Hatred are listed both in the Dark Elf rulebook and the main rulebook.
Zenith
Noble

Post by Zenith »

Ahh i saw it:

Page 113. In the ‘Spirit of the Forge’ spell, the last
sentence will be changed in reprints to the following:

‘The effects of this spell are exactly the same as the
Rule of Burning Iron described above, except the unit
takes 2D6 hits distributed like shooting.’

Abaut the chariot thing, i thaught i red it somewhere here. Hes argument was that impact hits determates the amounts of succesful hits. Never mind about that one.
Desert icon
Assassin

Post by Desert icon »

Zenith wrote:Abaut the chariot thing, i thaught i red it somewhere here. Hes argument was that impact hits determates the amounts of succesful hits.

When determining impact hits, you simply roll a d6 (+1 for the scythed wheels) and that is the number of hits the unit takes. There is no need to roll to hit, because impact hits are always successful.

After determining the number of hits in this way, you roll to wound based on the strength of the hit (in the case of our chariots, strength 5).

So, Hatred does not apply to the chariot's impact hits because they always successfully hit (i.e. there is no roll "to hit"). However, Hatred does apply to the crew of the chariot, as well as the creatures pulling it.

Also, by the way this is not a tactics discussion, it's more of a rules discussion. You should make sure to post topics in the right sections. No worries though, I'm sure a mod will move this as soon as they can.