DR, harpies and Witches questions

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Ezr-aeron
Warrior

DR, harpies and Witches questions

Post by Ezr-aeron »

1. DR usually target what else besides war machine crew early on? aka how do u guys use them well
2. same as above with harpies. what units do they own besides something like goblins. or do you use them as a shield infront of your BG then fly overtop and surround your opponent with the BG i front?
3. since witches are kinda crap vs heavily armoured units, are they only really worth having if you have 1 a cauldron 2 a death hag with them 3 vs an army that relies on numbers not armour so much aka orcs, skaven, even VC core units. with their mass poisoned/frenzy attacks they could mince any lowly armoured units.

And yes, im kinda new to DE. i used to play Tzeentch back some years ago but sold my army. also im one of those players that likes fast hard hitting units aka knights are awesome. having only 5 kinda seems like a waste but what else can they do besides S6 in round 1 of combat? i feel safer having 8-10 knights but soooo many people have only 5 and mass more of DR, harpies and shades non of which are my personal favourites really. (go BG/EXES!) basically why not more knights and have shades? 16 points per model is kinda costy IMO.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Hi, EZR-Aeron, welcome in D.net (it's not your first post but on your other thread, they forgot to welcome you, even though most of them do it usually).

DR and harpies are here to shape the battlefield to your desires.
They march-block opponents, they charge warmachines, they suicide-charge spell-casters hidden in units, they shield more precisous units (especially harpies), they bait opponents (and flee) to advantageous positions (for you), they side-charge with US>4 (especially DR), they position behind opponents likely to flee...
What they don't do is to front-charge anything bigger than a warmachine (only a mass unit of shielded DR with SoS banner would do that).

WE are good only against light armoured troops. No need for a DH. Good against Ogres as well!
A unit of 5 is the cheapest unit you can get. Could be useful as screen or just to keep a 1/4 table, but harpies can do that better. That's great if your general is Hellebron.
WE and COB are good against almost anything, not only as killers but also as tar pits.

For a comprehensive analysis of all units, see => The D.R.A.I.C.H. Boot Camp - best setup for any Druchii unit.
For some comments about any unit, see the relevant articles recorded in the D.R.A.I.C.H., which you can find on top of the tactics forum.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}