beastmaster rules?

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Kalethdarkblood
Warrior

beastmaster rules?

Post by Kalethdarkblood »

Hi

I just have some questions about the beastmaster. With the current rules, I see the beastmaster's characters rules disappear. So I have two questions, one maybe a little naive and one more serious.
=> In fact, Beastmaster is now a title for fun in our army list?
=> Are they some optional/chapter approved rules? Or maybe some rule to play Rakhart the beastmaster (My favorite DE lord)

Thank you
van Awful
Highborn

Post by van Awful »

welcom to druchii.net

the only beastmasters we got left are the two guy's with the hydra, who got a bit of an upgrade in this ed.
but as character, you're right it's just a fluff title.( maybe for dragon en manticore lords/hero's)

if you use the search option on games-workshop.com with "'rakarth" you'll find him!
the model is still for sale, best d.e. dragon! and at the bottom there's his profile, but it's just a normal dreadlord profile equiped with a handweapon no add. rules.
Nec spe, nec metu

I am an Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman
Demetrius
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Demetrius »

Equip a master with a Beastmasters Scourge and handweapon, put him on a Manti/ Dragon and tada! Beastmaster.
Kalethdarkblood
Warrior

Thanks for your answers.

I will equip my master with the beastmaster scourge and hand weapon.

But you know it's not the same taste on the battlefield. He doesn't have the rule about the beast control (If my memory is correct)
All Hail the Eternity King!
What? we are now order force...
Hurry and bring me a humie ou two to torture and kill! Go capture slaves by dozens! It's for the greater good!
Master of arneim
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Master of arneim »

I will equip my master with the beastmaster scourge and hand weapon.

You can even go only with the bm scourge, as while mounted you do not gain +1 attack.
Master of Arneim, proud ruler of the cult of the thousand draichs, because bigger is better.
Kalethdarkblood
Warrior

It's true, but I think to have a beastmaster as a dreadlord or master mounted and another on foot with maybe a hydra. In this situation, he can use the +1 attack.
All Hail the Eternity King!
What? we are now order force...
Hurry and bring me a humie ou two to torture and kill! Go capture slaves by dozens! It's for the greater good!
Desert icon
Assassin

Post by Desert icon »

kalethdarkblood wrote:another on foot with maybe a hydra. In this situation, he can use the +1 attack.

Only the Beastmasters themselves (the ones that already come with the Hydra unit) can actually be with the Hydra, because they're part of the unit. No other characters can join the Hydra unit. So, unfortunately you won't be able to join your Master-turned-Beastmaster with the Hydra. He'll have to go in another unit.