D.R.A.I.C.H- Cold One Knights Summary

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Bounce
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Bounce »

Regarding Champions with the Ring, the chance of enemy fire being randomized onto your Champion in the first place is still very low only 1 in 5. So personally I wouldnt be too worried about not getting a look out sir roll. A canny opponent will simply kill off one of your other Knights and then you will be back to randomizing anyway.

However I will add a section as it seems many people feel that its worth mentioning.

About Banner of Murder, As I mentioned against high armour troops this banner is fantastic for your Knights, however every game you draw against Wood Elves, High Elves, Skaven, Beastmen, Vampires, and Demons its pretty much a waste
"I will embrace death without regret as I embrace life without fear"
ImageImageImage
Entreri bloodletter
Assassin

Post by Entreri bloodletter »

Bounce wrote:Regarding Champions with the Ring, the chance of enemy fire being randomized onto your Champion in the first place is still very low only 1 in 5. So personally I wouldnt be too worried about not getting a look out sir roll. A canny opponent will simply kill off one of your other Knights and then you will be back to randomizing anyway.

However I will add a section as it seems many people feel that its worth mentioning.

About Banner of Murder, As I mentioned against high armour troops this banner is fantastic for your Knights, however every game you draw against Wood Elves, High Elves, Skaven, Beastmen, Vampires, and Demons its pretty much a waste

I would not call it a waste you just have to find the right target. Against wood elves I've seen very few lists without a treeman and the AP helps against its massive armor save. Many high elf players use dragon princes and against the BoM their save is pretty much negated. Various vampire builds use knights extensively but even against the lowly skeleton it is very useful because even your cold ones have a good chance of killing stuff. I would say the BoM is very important against VC because they never break and when you get stuck in combat in later rounds, reducing that 4+ save to a mere 6+ save is crucial. Granted against beastmen and demons there aren't really any targets but rarely is something good against everything anyway so its ok.
Crawd
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Crawd »

Nargoth wrote:You say they are the slowest Heavy cavalery in the game... But most other heavy cavalery has a movment of 8 and barding which gives them the same movment right?

They are one of the slowest Heavy Cavalry of the game because of M7 and Stupidity.
And the server wrote:Internal Server Error
Kurzon
Slave on the Altar

Post by Kurzon »

Regarding the Whip of Agony:

This item is disregarded in the main post with the argument that you are "Already S4 with a Lance," and again in a later post.

This seems unfair given the Whip's potential, its superior to both Soul Render (which makes you S5 AP but worsens your armour save by being two handed - so no shield), and a Sword of Might (simply S5).

If your looking for an item to provide a boost to your champion over multiple turns of combat the Whip offers magical attacks, S5 and a -3 penality to armour saves, while having no penalty to your armour save (unlike Soul Render or the Crimson Death).
Zenith
Noble

Post by Zenith »

About the ROH

i face a lot of metal magic, and the deafult spell is a sniper (ignores armour) spell. Even with simple screens putting the RoH on my champ is too expensive. Only a BG champ would be worthy enough