WD Druchii sightings. [WD 358 October UK Ed.]

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Iyagd
Master Of Mirrors

WD Druchii sightings. [WD 358 October UK Ed.]

Post by Iyagd »

Well, it is my small plan for a short monthly WD review, although focusing mainly on possible Druchii related bits.

We may discuss every issue here. I plan to start with 358 UK issue and to continue through next issues but if anyone will have next issue sooner, feel free to post here.

WD 358 October UK Ed.

Nothing remotely Druchii in the issue. Space puppies everywhere, small Wh section, a bit of love for War Of The Ring.

Warhammer section is about shaping - theming army around special characters - we got Lokhir mentioned here (YAY!). End of Wh section. We should feel privilaged.

Few interesting painting techniques in 'Eavy Metal Masterclass section (I especially recommend fur painting and glowing blade painting).

A bit of old Bretonianns in Citadel Hall Of Fame.

Outclassing terrain pieces shown - especially Bloated Oak, like a big old infested tree with tons of skulls, corpses in the rooth, pulsing with some sick boils...

Aaaaand Skaven. Next month.

What do You think?
Druchii Discussion moderator.
Sulla
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Sulla »

Sounds like rubbish. I haven't bought one for about 2 years. there's nothing I want or need in them.
Bounce
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Bounce »

I have also been rather uninterested in WD as late. But it is understandable with 14 races just in Fantasy alone plus 40K and Lotr and general advertising and other rubbish theres never going to be a lot about us in the magazine.
"I will embrace death without regret as I embrace life without fear"
ImageImageImage
Demetrius
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Demetrius »

I also dont buy White Dwarf. However I bought the Space Hulk one because of the Druchii battle report. Apart from that, I've bought 4 copies in 3 years.
Saithis
Highborn

Post by Saithis »

problem with WD is that it's only for advertising...
in former times there were stories for background, new artworks, maybe developer insights and whatever.
It's reduced to "next month you can buy XY" - at least thats my impression... and it's not worth the money because of that. Fantasy does not have much in WD by the way - much for Lord of the Rings (does they still sell this stuff? Gandalf Model Nr. 21 and 22 -WOW) and 40K maybe, but Fantasy :?:
At last, we will have revenge...
Ehakir
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Ehakir »

The level of the WD has strongly decreased over the last years. When in about 2000 it still contained full battle reports with battleplans and other cool stuff it is now only compiled of advertising indeed IMO.
Which is not worth the money, as you can all look it up on the internet ^^
"Ceterum censeo Ulthuan esse delendam"
-Ehakir

3/4 of games are won by deathstars. Copy this into your signature if you still use real tactics to win.
Venkh
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Venkh »

WD does a good job of helping the kids buy lots of space marines and get into their 'hobby'. Thats what i think it is for and because of this I rarely buy it.

The internet is a far better place for us mature gamers to whine and exchange ideas.

Having said that, Septembers issue was a gem, proving that while the WD team are capable of producing decent content, it is company policy not to.
Linkinhearts666
Dark Rider

Post by Linkinhearts666 »

I used to avidly buy almost every dam issue of WD and now when I go and check it out I almost puke. Its atrocious! I cant stand it! Seriously! There is nothing of any relevance to anything. Its just "Buy this stuff!" or "Buy this when it comes out!" The battle reports are quite often pathetic compared to the old ones.

I recently aqcuired a WD, (cant remeber what issue but its OLD) from the month when Mordheim was first released. I seriously prefer (and its out of date by like 10-12 years) to read this as its just so much more interesting and enjoyable!
Ayxxia the Shade is hiding in the shadows and waiting to attack...

Best way to get rid of a treeman is wait until the owner has it on the table in front of him and then kick him very hard in the groin from behind. When he doubles up and smacks his face intoit, he should wreck the treeman and it will teach the little bastard not to run a treeman at 750

Its the Druchii way of gaming!