7th ed CoS poll #10 - Combat heroes after update

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Which combat hero-level character would you use in 2000 pt battles?

Each/all of them sometimes
44%
Master and Herald; rarely or never Marauder Warlord
11%
Master and Marauder Warlord; rarely or never the Herald
11%
Herald and Marauder Warlord; rarely or never Master
No votes
Only Master; other two rarely or never
11%
Only Herald; other two rarely or never
No votes
Only Marauder Warlord; other two rarely or never
No votes
None - combat-oriented heroes in CoS are not worth it
22%

Total votes: 9

Weenth
Black Guard

7th ed CoS poll #10 - Combat heroes after update

Post by Weenth »

In the latest update (v.0.965) the characters section has undergone some changes (including removal of Exalted upgrade and change of the Herald's price); the items/gifts have changed a bit too, which might also affect attractiveness of specific characters.

So, what do you think of current rules/values for combat-oriented hero-level characters? Are they balanced? Which ones would you use?
Join the Pink side! ;)

7th ed Cult of Slaanesh
projectlinky here
Mr_piechee
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Mr_piechee »

this is interesting. I see CoS as mainly a magic army so usually I would only have one max combat character (in 2kpts). Currently i have no demons, so i would not take the herald, although they do look like a very good choice (especially with the added bonus of more magic!). For purely fluffy reasons I'm likely to take a marauder warlord to accompany the chaos units. However in larger games I would take a master or two either as peg knights or to boast the combat efficiency of my druchii units.

If an Exalted could cast as well then you could put it back in and remove the herald, which would be a more attractive option, but make one hell of a mean hero!
[hope you don't mind my random babel] ~ Take a look to the sky just before you die, its the last time you will ~ my pics
Weenth
Black Guard

Post by Weenth »

Mr_PieChee wrote:If an Exalted could cast as well then you could put it back in and remove the herald, which would be a more attractive option, but make one hell of a mean hero!
Removing Herald would be quite big nerf to Daemonettes & Seekers - it's the only character that can join them and the only way they can get ASF. So unless these units turn out to be too good with what they are now (doesn't look like that's the case), the Herald stays.

ATM it's more about balancing the choices that are there than adding/removing entires.
Join the Pink side! ;)

7th ed Cult of Slaanesh
projectlinky here
Mr_piechee
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Mr_piechee »

sounds good. I haven't really looked into daemons at all, so I wouldn't think much on anything I say about them!
[hope you don't mind my random babel] ~ Take a look to the sky just before you die, its the last time you will ~ my pics