Druchii language and the Moons

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Greatescape_13
Trainee Warrior

Druchii language and the Moons

Post by Greatescape_13 »

Okay, so odd question.

The fluff of the warhammer world is that there are two moons Mannslieb and Morrslieb. And I've found dwarf names for them.

Are there dark elf names for the two moons? Am I dense and not seeing it in the books or online?

Cheers.
Weenth
Black Guard

Re: Druchii language and the Moons

Post by Weenth »

GreatEscape_13 wrote:Are there dark elf names for the two moons? Am I dense and not seeing it in the books or online?
Elves surely have names for both moons. Sariour is the eltharin name for moon (meaning also: magic, fortune, evil deeds, destruction wrought by nature), although I think it's for any moon in general rather than one of the two.

I don't think specific (elven) names for each of the moons are given anywhere in the fluff, but you could look at WH40K and Eldar for inspiration.

It's said that Eldar homeworld had three moons, called after their gods (and one hero):

Lileath, the Maiden Moon - white one
Kurnous, the Hunter's Moon - green and dim
Eldanesh, the Red Moon - easy guess how it looks ;)

The last one has a legend, that Khaine slew Eldanesh and the dead Eldar Lord was sent into the sky.

The first two fit Maanslieb and Morrslieb quite nicely (esp. first one, as Lilieath is also Elven goddess of the moon). There is no third moon in WF, but so the better, as there is no Eldanesh in fantasy background either. ;)
Join the Pink side! ;)

7th ed Cult of Slaanesh
projectlinky here