The "It Doesn't Come Around" thread

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Flash29
Assassin

Post by Flash29 »

1 of my 2 hydra's can't wound anything with toughness 5 or more, it is made to use against infantry and has gone toe to toe with a warriors of chaos altar for 4 rounds, not wounding the thing. eventually it died because of the beastmasters doing a reliable 1 wound every turn, but just at that moment, since it strike at I5 as well both the hydra and the altar died.
Maudric
Slave on the Altar

Post by Maudric »

My CoK will pass every stupidity test all game until that all important flank charge then *duh* stagger forward. I most likely will get a 1 on the d6 to add insult to injury too.
Megazephyr
Corsair

Post by Megazephyr »

i roll probably a good almost 50% 6's. my dice seem to like me very much and the other guys i play with consistently biatch about my dice. with hatred re rolls i generally get about 90% hits. but strangely i normally always pass all my ability checks and whatnot.

my problem is shooting though. thats the only time i roll 5's when i need 6's to wound and i wont get any 6's, even with like 15 dice.

oh and, i apparently kinda suck. so its nice to have dice that make up the difference for me XD
Carolus
Executioner

Post by Carolus »

Since 8th ed started, whenever I'm rolling to hit with hatred in close combat, regardless of the number of attacks, I always hit with everything but one.

Character combat excluded
Doug
Warrior

Post by Doug »

Hi, Me again. I have been using Dark Magic. In the last three out of four games I have box cared the Power of Darkness spell :-) Ah woe is me. You just have to laugh
Douglas
A18no
Cold One Knight

Post by A18no »

I'm way over average to hit with RxB, and I'm way under average to wound... actually they almost never kill. My unit of 20 haven't killed 20 opponent since I play them.

My Dark riders NEVER kill with RxB, but they are awesome in close combat.

I never start games...

I will always pass a break test I want to miss. Like I want a weakened unit to flee and let spaces to a strong unit behing, they will stay even on snake-eye only break test..

I'm always passing the impossible break test other than snale-eye (like test on 3 to 5), but will always miss little panic test on 10 re-rollable...

And an common opponent: his brettonian BSB ALWAYS fear cold one (from dark elf or lizardmen)... and I really say ALWAYS. It's a running gag in our group. But that same opponent seem to pass the ward save really too often... like double 6 on 2 wounds..
Assani
Highborn

Post by Assani »

My last game: 60 arrows / 4 to hit / 4 to wound -> none!!!!!!!!

Khitai - Khanite - Group 38
WS5 - S3 - T2 - D5 - I3
Skills: Ambidexterity, Two Weapon Fighting
Equipment: 2xfine scimitars, dagger
Inventory: Gold 30, Crowns 40, 1 Red ruby
Thetosh
Black Guard

Post by Thetosh »

my friend's dwarven engieer had a motto: Mint Shoots! Mint Hits! Mint does Nothing!

Which when you need a 3 or more to wound is hillarious.
Persuader
Executioner

Post by Persuader »

a18no wrote:I'm way over average to hit with RxB, and I'm way under average to wound...

Ow man QFT