Does anyone use Morathi?

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Nellamik
Black Guard

Does anyone use Morathi?

Post by Nellamik »

I have not seen much mention of her and am wondering if anyone has comments. I played my first game including her with a focus familar. I thought a lot of points but man can she throw the magic.
Jadin
Black Guard

Post by Jadin »

I use her, but I am always overloaded on magic.
Tethlis
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Tethlis »

I haven't used her as I'm not a tremendous fan of Special characters, but if I were, I would definitely use her. Fulfills her role of offensive caster in an excellent way, is mobile and well-protected, has a nice bit of offensive melee capability without having to redefine her role as a magic user, and can even utilize some wargear to tailor her utility to a specific list or playstyle.

Not to mention that the Cult of Slaanesh is her doing, which is perfect for a cult-themed list.
There is no escape from Chaos. It marks us all.

Nellamik
Black Guard

Post by Nellamik »

Slaanesh you say, that just may be a good theme for me.
I also give her the Deathmask 50pts and now she causes Terror.
With the focus familiar and Sulephet she can stay out of harms way as much as possible. But if and when she chooses either weapon she has selected is pretty mean on the attack. I gave her the Heartseeker giving her 3A with Killing blow plus Sulephet gets 3A as well. This is 575 points which is really heavy on a small list. When I played with her it was against Skaven and she creamed two units with spells mainly with Black Horror which she has no problem casting. That took out one unit in two turns.
No amount of planning can ever replace dumb luck.