Sacrificial Dagger

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Cam.ron
Warrior

Sacrificial Dagger

Post by Cam.ron »

I am running a list with a lvl 4 sorceress and wanted to try and maximise magic phase with the dagger. The problem is I am not exactly sure how to best use it and i'm not sure just how risky it is, like would I be better off with the black staff instead? The plan is to have her in the spears unit and have her on a steed so that if the unit gets in trouble she can bail. I have opted for a high number of troops in the unit so that it will still be usable in combat if and when needed even after loosing some troops.

This is the list I plan on running any suggestions would be great.

Sorceress 353
Lvl 4
Sacrificial Dagger
Dark Steed
2 dispel scrolls

Master - 111
Heavy armor
Shield
Lance
Cold one

14 Black Guard – 277
Full command
crimson death
Banner of Hag greaf

5 cold one knights - 186
Standard of slaughter

7 shades - 126
GW

Core

Assassin – 151
Touch of Death
Rune of Khaine

12 Crossbowmen – 120

28 Spearmen - 211
Shields
Full command

5 dark riders – 117
Mus
RxB

5 dark riders – 117
Mus
RxB

5 harpies – 55

Rare
War Hydra - 175

Demetrius
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Demetrius »

The SD is a very powerful magic item, especially if used properly. Heres the best way to use it with a lvl4.

Cast POD on one dice, then knife someone. Opponent needs two dice to dispel reliably as opposed to your one PD. Then cast everything on 2 dice, knifing a guy each time, (chillwind and doombolt only needs one initial PD). This way you can potentially about 12 PD with your one LVL4 wizard.
Cam.ron
Warrior

Post by Cam.ron »

awesome, do you think this will work in this army list? also do you think it is worth having her mounted just in case she needs to flee to me this seems important but I am seriously lacking tabletop experience.
Demetrius
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Demetrius »

Theres no reason why she wouldnt work in a list like this. However a LVL2 with Dark Star Cloak to back her up would be nice, but not necassary. A steed for the LVL4 is always useful just incase she needs to get away quickly. Also the Pendant isnt a bad idea, because otherwise you have a 300+ point model with no save.
Cam.ron
Warrior

Post by Cam.ron »

thanks so much for your feedback. I think I will stick to this list and test it out and then decide if I need to fix it. I like the idea of another sorceress to back her up however i would need to free up some points which would probably mean dropping the assassin, which I don't really want to do seeing as how I think he is very deadly in a list like this.