Logo
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:34 pm

Reply to topic  [ 144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
8th edition: Various Character Builds 
Corsair
Corsair

Hey guys whoever is importing the character builds, into the main thread can some one do that for my few builds?

EbonyPhoenix's last post: Wed Dec 22, 2010.
Give him some more time!

Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:23 pm
Noble

Hooray for returning from the mountains to reclaim Internet access. Hero builds suggested should be up to date now, I'll get on the Lord ones later when I get a chance.

Hero Builds added:

Masters:
Morning Whipper by Gastronauticon
Chuck Norris, both in the midst of Shaving and Cooking by Auere
Fly Boy by Geist
Hell on Wheels by Geist

Sorceress:
Arrow Mage by Meteor

My motto: Whether I win, lose, or draw the game; I win as long as my opponent has pulled their hair out by the end of the game. :twisted:

Honoring Khaine since March 2003.

Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:45 pm
Noble

Lord Builds added:

Dreadlords:
Master of Blades by Geist
Slaver King by Geist
Cyclone by yours truly

Supreme Sorceress:
Stop Hitting Yourself by Meteor

My motto: Whether I win, lose, or draw the game; I win as long as my opponent has pulled their hair out by the end of the game. :twisted:

Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:40 pm
Slave (off the Altar)

My motto: Whether I win, lose, or draw the game; I win as long as my opponent is pulling their hair out by the end of the game.:twisted:
!lol!

Ok, now I add to the pile.

For you adventurous ppl who don't have a general on their battle line...

... I present for your viewing pleasure, a bargain-buy leadership boost when needed:
Master mounted on Dark Pegasus.
-BSB.
-Standard of Discipline.
-HA, cloak, beastmaster whip, shield
= 182 pts.

Boom. Add as a spice during battle to units that need a little taste of leadership. :)

Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:22 am
Noble

I am afraid this does not do what you think it does.
The BSB can not join any units because of his flying horse.
He can not replace a units leadership with his because he is a BSB not a general. Those units will be on there leadership with a reroll as long as he is near by, but that's it. Sorry.

DEATH FROM ABOVE DRUCIH AIR CAV!!!!

The Machine will grind you down.

The League of Extraordinary Druchii

Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:00 am
Dark Rider

Reading the list at the first page there are many inefficient builds there that can be improved - many have too much armour (SDC put on models already with a 1+ save for example). Others, with a little work by us (I will make my points in detail when I have time later) can easily be improved. As an example the Armour of Destiny (heavy armour 4+ ward) should rarely be used by Druchii as you can have Armour of Eternal Servitude with a Dragonbane Gem - giving 4+ regen and 2+ ward against flaming, which is not only better protection, but cheaper. The exceptions of course are builds that wish to use the talisman slot or armies that already have one of the items used. In other cases Armour of Darkness may have been used when mundane Armour + Dragonhelm may be used for the same or lesser price, with the advantage of not only a 1+ but the flaming ward also.

This may sound like nitpicking but I think that this is a useful thread and any improvement should benefit the community. Efficiency with points is more important than it previously was due to the % limits on lords and heroes and in constructing my own lists (particularly 2500 point ones where you wish to have a lvl 4 and lord, or 1000 point games - it might be nice to note any builds that are particularly nice for certain common limits).

PS the "stop hitting yourself" lvl 4 is priced wrong, it should be 360 points.

Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:03 am
Noble

As an example the Armour of Destiny (heavy armour 4+ ward) should rarely be used by Druchii as you can have Armour of Eternal Servitude with a Dragonbane Gem - giving 4+ regen and 2+ ward against flaming, which is not only better protection, but cheaper.

First of all thank you for the input.

I will conceed that the AoES and Dragonbane Gem is cheaper, but dispute the better protection as a flat argument. The main point to the ward is to assist with any Killing Blow techniques which ignore the Regen save from the AoES. The Regen is equal to the Ward for solutions to the issues that occur from Sniper attacks and the Lore of Death signature spell, but fails to protect against characters with KB.

It becomes a matter of weighing your choices as each player has to take into account their gaming community and what tends to reign in their area. The various builds are not intended to be a flawless series of options, but are instead a series of potential options that each person can take and adapt to their own needs as they see combinations that may not have occured to them while reading the Army Book themselves.

Dumbledore wrote:
PS the "stop hitting yourself" lvl 4 is priced wrong, it should be 360 points.

Thanks, I accidentally added the Trickster's Shard as 10 points too cheap.

Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:49 pm
Dark Rider

Good point regarding KB, I did not know that. I have not come across a KB enemy yet, although I use it a lot myself. I have had it played wrong against me :/

Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:21 pm
Assassin

to be honest i've been getting some good results with my question axing dreadlord, being the one with a executioners axe and blood armour and then with the 5 leftover points, either a luckstone or a potion of foolhardiness, i suppose. although it has to be noted that you might best have a asf banner around.

Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:19 pm
Executioner

He can not replace a units leadership with his because he is a BSB not a general. Those units will be on there leadership with a reroll as long as he is near by, but that's it. Sorry.

Hi there,

Correct me if I'm wrong but Dark Pegasus is now clasified as Monstruous Cavalry, which means it can actually join units.

Also, the BSB does not give its Leadership to nearby troops, but if it joins a unit the unit will use it's Leadership, so a BSB with Banner os Discipline on Dark Pegasus can join, for example, Warriors so that the unit now has L10 (9+1).

Your thoughts?

EDIT: spelling

Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:49 pm
Noble

DEATH FROM ABOVE DRUCIH AIR CAV!!!!

The Machine will grind you down.

The League of Extraordinary Druchii

Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:52 am
Corsair
Corsair

The BSB on flying horse.
Indeed, he can join units. If he joins a unit the unit will use it's Leadership, so a BSB with Banner os Discipline on Dark Pegasus can join, for example, Warriors so that the unit now has L10 (9+1).

One problem is that if he joins a unit, he is stuck with it and looses the main advantage of his highly mobile steed.
Another problem is that he cannot benefit from any "look out, Sir" as he belongs not to the same category of the unit sheltering him.
So any template weapon/spell can aim directly at him, and he is an easy target if he is in front of a large unit in the middle of the army rather than flying behind buildings.

Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:44 am
... And Hell Followed

How about this build to be used in a unit of SSS Corsiars? The model I use is equipped with 2 whips, so I dubbed him "The Whipmaster"

Master
Blood Armour; Black Dragon Egg; Luckstone
BM's Scourge; SDC

His use is obvious really, maximum damage output.

Equipment: Longsword; Shurikens (6/10); Shade Cloak; Asur Arm & Leg Armour Plates; Misericorde; Gutting Knife
Inventory; Ornate Tiara; Sword Belt; Asuri Orb; 106 gold

Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:46 am
Malekith's Personal Guard

You can also swap BDE for ASF dagger for fun in challenges! GJ Mini!

Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:30 pm
Profile WWW
Cold One Knight

Trickster helm (re-roll to wound)
Heavy armor, cloak, Cold one (to get the 1+ save)
Soulrender (for a great Str6 armor piercing)
Pendent (to get better save when re-roll successfull roll to wound and armor are not enough)

He got 1+ save, 4Str 6 armor piercing, re-roll, cause fear. I've made many statistic math, and you got less than 10% chance to wound him with ANY stat line you can came on (with 1A calculate). But the average is more like less than 5% chance to wound (to get 10%, you need WS8 or more with re-roll to hit, and Str 5+ with no armor save allowed or more like str8-10)

You can always put him on steed with Sword of might and shield for same armor, but with Str 5. He's still very strong on foot with the sword and shield, but 1+ save is too strong to let go.

Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:25 am
Slave (off the Altar)

Yeah...my bad, guys. I was kinda baked when I posted that and am still new to WHFB.
Thx for the constructive criticism and support. (I thought that I read the new troop type/character rules correctly) :oops:

Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:04 am
Warrior

With advert of the new Power Scroll errata, the "Sacrificial Lamb" Sorceress build is no longer viable.

Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:44 pm
Cold One Knight

I was wondering if this thread could be stickied? I believe it a fantastic 'go-to' list to get ideas or combos we haven't thought of.

Rafa.
ps. Of course, do to its age, it may need some updating? :)

Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:07 pm
Corsair
Corsair

I was wondering if this thread could be stickied?
It is, sort of.
There are many, many threads with some value in the tactics forum.
They are "stickied" from the D.R.A.I.C.H., which is stickied.

Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:34 am
Reply to topic   [ 144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6