Logo
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:51 pm

Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Cauldron in 8th 
Executioner

Terror is downed played and since its classed as a war machine its never gonna charge anyone anyways so why bother to have that rule

I'll repeat what others have pointed out in regards to that one previously. Terror has the benefits of fear too, ie your six opponents attacking the CoB could possibly fail that fear check and strike you with WS1. That makes a huge impact on the survival of your hags.

Melikai The Wicked wrote:
as for MR, well a loss but we have a 4+ ward so its no big deal as MR gives us a ward of 4+ anyways. I think it makes the COB a more acceptable unit to bring in battle and ppl wont complain as much as we give our horde of spears killing blow :twisted:

It's no big deal since we've got that 4+ ward on default, but having the MR1 would've improved it to 3+. Once again, it makes a difference to the chances of your hags surviving for another turn. Upgrading from a 6+ to a 5+ I wouldn't care too much, but upgrading from a 4+ to a 3+ is a difference that shouldn't be overlooked.

Jacks -Shade
- WS 5 - - S 3 - - T 2 - - D 6 - - I 5 -

Equipment
Short Sword, MC Long Sword*, Dagger, RxB & RHB [20/10] MC Shade Cloak, 4 Throwing Daggers, 3x Healing Vials, 451C, [3]Dark Venom, [4]Unseen Chains, Food, Dark Steed- Spike

Skills
Basic Stealth, Awareness, TWF, Suithenlu Khythan, Ride

Magic Item
Eye of the Jabberwock

*Magical properties possibly imbued

Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:25 am
Dark Rider

In the last version of the FAQs we got back terror and MR1...

Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:42 pm
Malekith's Personal Guard

Yes, I did mis-read the War Machine title. I was sleepy, sorry.

I think the other reason Terror on the unit is effective is the defencive value as much as the attack (as the unit cannot Charge)- Since the Terror isn't "in a radius" of a certain number of inches and is just the one unit, if someone either doesn't know us, or makes a booboo in combat and charges us, it's a NASTY surprise to see us just saying "okie standard charge reaction of:..." and leaving the flanks up and open for others :D :)

Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:57 pm
Profile WWW
Malekith's Best Friend

I'm not sure I follow your logic. Terror offers no defensive value that I can see. And in combat it is destined to get wiped out in one or two turns depending on the quality of the attacker.

Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:30 am
Black Guard

I'm not sure I follow your logic. Terror offers no defensive value that I can see. And in combat it is destined to get wiped out in one or two turns depending on the quality of the attacker.

It adds some defensive value. Terror causing units also cause fear, meaning that if your opponent fluffs his ld rolls, he becomes ws 1. It's not by any means a reliable defense, but better than nothing...

Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:05 am
Malekith's Best Friend

... and also cause fear in Fear-causers, as before.

Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:19 am
Reply to topic   [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3