D.R.A.I.C.H. Dark Elves units under 8th edition.

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Bounce
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Bounce »

Calisson wrote:I'm not sure it justifies large WE units, compared to successive waves of 1 rank WE (especially if they can combo-charge).
Mathammer could tell us.

This gave me an interesting idea.
Units of 5 Witches and Black Guard. Both are ITP, the BG are also stubborn. Both have high I. By the time the enemy crashes through the first few lines he should be extremely weakened and still trapped allowing your other units to flank them. This could help to thin hordes significantly.
Take 3 units of 5 witches, 150 points all up. Get 45 attacks, 40 hit, 13 Poison plus 13 Wounds. That would be 22 odd dead Goblins or similar. (am afraid don't have a calculator with me so that could be a bit off) In that case you don't even need to be suicidal as you will win the fight outright.
Against scarier opponents you'll kill a few with each wave and behind them all you can then have a big unit of Warriors or Knights coming down the flank
Plausible?
"I will embrace death without regret as I embrace life without fear"
ImageImageImage
Methuselah
Shade

Post by Methuselah »

Nice work Calisson.

Just one comment. The RBTs have 3 wounds. They never had 5 in 7th. Even though they only have 2 crew, the BRB still gives them 3.
Heroes Never Truly Die - Cowards Never Truly Live
Meteor
Executioner

Post by Meteor »

How does the BSB give our RBT 3 wounds? The number of crew any warmachine has, dictates how many wounds it has. Once all the crew are dead, so is the machine itself. So...care to explain?
What's mine is mine, What's yours is mine.
Now that we understand each other, lets get down to business.

Jacks -Shade
- WS 5 - - S 3 - - T 2 - - D 6 - - I 5 -

Equipment
Short Sword, MC Long Sword*, Dagger, RxB & RHB [20/10] MC Shade Cloak, 4 Throwing Daggers, 3x Healing Vials, 451C, [3]Dark Venom, [4]Unseen Chains, Food, Dark Steed- Spike

Skills
Basic Stealth, Awareness, TWF, Suithenlu Khythan, Ride

Magic Item
Eye of the Jabberwock

*Magical properties possibly imbued