The new BSB?

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Darthvegeta800
Corsair

The new BSB?

Post by Darthvegeta800 »

I'm still working my way through the new rulebook but I was wondering... what's up with this new army-wide BSB I keep reading about?
Is he a must? And how to best represent him model-wise?
Minsc
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Minsc »

BSB's are a nigh-must in 8th Ed. since they allow you to reroll any Leadership test (fear, terror, stupidity, panic) in addition to breaktests and +1 CR as per 7th Ed.

They die automaticly if their unit breaks though.

And how to best represent him model-wise?

If my Death Hag /w Cauldron is a BSB, I just tell my opponent that she's the BSB and measure 12" from the Cauldron to check the range. If I have a master as BSB, I use the Game Zone Dark Elves Standard Bearer.

Darthvegeta800
Corsair

Post by Darthvegeta800 »

Thanks! Using the Cauldron seems a good approach...
Aeth
Warrior

Post by Aeth »

That model is my BSB to :)
.........|\~
....\~| \
....|\./.\
.r/_\ /___\ç
.\======/¨
~~~~~~~~~

These are the voyages of the Black Arc Enterprise..........
Tethlis
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Tethlis »

I've got a few converted BSB models, to account for a few configurations I have used over the past few years. My current BSB model is one I used as either a Hag or Master on foot (she's scantily clad enough to be a Hag, but a sea dragon cloak on her back gives the impression of armor if I need to use her as a master.) Currently, she's operating the Cauldron in my 2500 list, and uses Morathi's body (bent and greenstuffed) as well as two Witch Elf fishnet legs, a Glade Guard face (the only "pretty" Elven faces I've seen in Fantasy) and necessary weapons, wargear and banner from the Corsair and Cold One Knight plastic sprues.
There is no escape from Chaos. It marks us all.

Meteor
Executioner

Post by Meteor »

Teth, may you upload a photo of your female BSB? It's the sort of thing I'm looking for atm. I'm trying to do one up for purpose of a CoB BSB as well as a Master, so people don't qq about not knowing it was a CoB BSB because they're not holding a flag! And I'd like some female DL and Masters too

As I'm sure you know, references to homosexuality are strictly not tolerated, no matter how they are intended. Next time you post something like this, you'll receive an unofficial warning.
- Anderson
What's mine is mine, What's yours is mine.
Now that we understand each other, lets get down to business.

Jacks -Shade
- WS 5 - - S 3 - - T 2 - - D 6 - - I 5 -

Equipment
Short Sword, MC Long Sword*, Dagger, RxB & RHB [20/10] MC Shade Cloak, 4 Throwing Daggers, 3x Healing Vials, 451C, [3]Dark Venom, [4]Unseen Chains, Food, Dark Steed- Spike

Skills
Basic Stealth, Awareness, TWF, Suithenlu Khythan, Ride

Magic Item
Eye of the Jabberwock

*Magical properties possibly imbued
Playa23
Corsair

Post by Playa23 »

Hey Tethlis so do you have a picture of this scantily dressed BSB by any chance? Sounds like an interesting build :lol:
Uman
Cold One Knight

Post by Uman »

If I have a master as BSB, I use the Game Zone Dark Elves Standard Bearer.

Image[/quote]

Me too!!!

U
Arquinsiel
Shadowdancer

Post by Arquinsiel »

Battle Standard Bearers got a boost this edition that was previously worth 50 points to Goblins and 100 points to Empire. They also got a nerf in terms of survivability, since the character's fighting ability AND the Banner's new fanciness is a lot more drastic a loss than just the Battle Standard's +1 Combat Resolution bonus + whatever magic effect.

Still, since it affects all models in range I'd agree that they are a vital part of an 8th edition army, and the Cauldron is as good a place as any to have your BSB thanks to it's built-in effects.
ImageImageImageImage
faerthurir wrote:Arq kicked me in the gyros.
Mostlyharmless
Noble

Post by Mostlyharmless »

I took some bits and pieces from a warrior sprue and cold one knights and made a BSB on foot (warrior legs and cold one knight torso +weapon and banner, pretty simple conversion with a badass look). My BSB on cold one was converted from the sorc on cold one (just snip the top of her staff off and replace with corsair banner, has a nice dynamic look). My BSB on my cauldron, well, that's entirely different and has a interesting story attached to it.

I was playing in a 1,000 pt tournament, using my corsair list led by Lokhir Fellheart. I faced 2 lizardmen armies with dual stegadons. Lokhir defeated and ran down 2 engines of the gods that day. I decided he needed a new ride. So, I got myself a stegadon, built it into an engine and hacked at the stargate with a hobby knife to make it look like it had been torn down. In its place, I attached the statue of Khaine from the cauldron of blood and chained it to the howdah. I them placed Lokhir Fellheart on the howdah, gripping a chain that was strung through holes that I had drilled through the stegadon's horns. To represent the hags, I use a pair of corsair models, while Lokhir is supposed to be the death hag.
Masked jackal
Noble

Post by Masked jackal »

Mostlyharmless wrote:I took some bits and pieces from a warrior sprue and cold one knights and made a BSB on foot (warrior legs and cold one knight torso +weapon and banner, pretty simple conversion with a badass look). My BSB on cold one was converted from the sorc on cold one (just snip the top of her staff off and replace with corsair banner, has a nice dynamic look). My BSB on my cauldron, well, that's entirely different and has a interesting story attached to it.

Wow, that's pretty similar to what I made! I used a Corsair head, Cold One Knight arm for the banner, a Corsair banner, then a Corsair arm with a great-sword made from a Warrior spear. Looks great! :D
8th Edition Druchii War Report:
W/D/L: 30/1/15
http://www.freedomstudios.net/boredlife/boards/index.php?sid=18db5076e750fafca78c5ae7ed86bab3
Bored Life: Forum for RPs and general discussion in need of new blood. PM for details.
Tethlis
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Tethlis »

I think I have some pictures of the BSB sitting around unpainted, and I'll try to borrow a camera to take some more recent shots too. I'll post them up when I get a chance.
There is no escape from Chaos. It marks us all.

Gailbraithe
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Gailbraithe »

To make my Death Hag BSB I'm starting with Lelith Hesperax (ordered yesterday!) and removing her trident, replacing it with the Corsair standard with one of the Cold One Knights pole-toppers. I got the idea from these forums (and in fact found this forum when looking for ideas for a Death Hag BSB), but I haven't seen anyone post pictures of one, so I'll make sure to do that when I'm done.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H. L. Mencken

Black Primer Painting Service
D.styles
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by D.styles »

does anybody still run a death hag bsb with the asf banner in the execs?