Does a character in a SSS-Corsair unit gain Frenzy

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Rogue-gladiator
Dark Rider

Does a character in a SSS-Corsair unit gain Frenzy

Post by Rogue-gladiator »

Exactly as the title says- do characters gain frenzy, and therefore the extra attack, if they are placed within a unit of SSS corsairs. The rules state "the unit gains frenzy", but all other standards in the dark elf book that effect the models in the unit say "All models in the unit". Just thinking of a combination of items that might make for a strong character set up.

Thanks.
Falconrider
Corsair

Post by Falconrider »

Don't see why not. Good idea!
Thenick18
Assassin

Post by Thenick18 »

If a character joins a unit that is frenzied such as witch elves, they do not gain frenzy, seeing as it is the banner that grants the unit frenzy and the character would be part of the unit, he would gain the extra attack, I think this was FAQ'ed in one edition at some point.
Rogue-gladiator
Dark Rider

Post by Rogue-gladiator »

I'll check the 7th ed FAQ, I have it laying around somewhere. Didn't mention it in the 8th FAQ.

EDIT: The 7th FAQ I had said nothing about it- anyone have any more input on this?
Kaleth stinson
Black Guard

Post by Kaleth stinson »

Im not quite sure and its not proof, but i seem to remember on the WD that had the first 7th edition game with new Dark Elves vs high elves, they noted that the assassin got an extra attack from being in the sss corsairs. And yes i know, WD has lots of faults in it, but if someone can find it, atleast we would have some proof for our matches.
Jaith wrote:
"Why 10% more expensive?"

Mighty Beardtrix wrote:
"Because GW once said:"

"All your cash are belongs to us!"
Red...
Generalissimo

Post by Red... »

If a character joins a unit that is frenzied such as witch elves, they do not gain frenzy, seeing as it is the banner that grants the unit frenzy and the character would be part of the unit, he would gain the extra attack,

Thenick18 has it right. The banner grants the unit frenzy, so while the character is part of the unit he/she gains frenzy. That is different to a character joining a unit of models who each have frenzy, as just being around frenzied models doesn't make the model itself frenzied.

So a character (assassin, master, dreadlord, sorceress, etc) who joins a unit of SSS corsairs will gain frenzy for as long as they are part of the unit (and lose it again if they leave the unit), but a character who joins a unit of normal witch elves (e.g. an assassin) does not gain frenzy.

It doesn't need FAQing, its pretty clear as rules go.
"While all answers are replies, not all replies are answers. So answer the question."

Don't be a munchkin?

I am an Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman
The virgin forest
Black Guard

Post by The virgin forest »

My Supreme Mistress of Dark Shadowy Pleasures have been known to join SSS corsairs at regular intervals in the moon cycle ;)