Vs Lizzies ... Purpel Sun of X

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

De_te
Trainee Warrior

Vs Lizzies ... Purpel Sun of X

Post by De_te »

Can it really be true that it is possible to WHIPE an entire LIZZ Army with what spell in the very first round of combat...?

Rolling the 25+ Version of the purple sun spell, putting it in his deployment zone.. Then roll the Arti dice and unless you misfire the sun will easy hit 4-6 units, and if your lucky his entire army, that has to take I test at 1-2 with no saves of anykind....

Sounds INSANE to me ... Good thing im playing Eleves ... Its just the most horrible spell vs O&G, VC, EMPIRE and Lizz ...
Dante valentine
Cold One Knight

Post by Dante valentine »

While i doubt you could wipe an army out with one single casting, if you got it right and got lucky with both the direction and the distance, then yes, you could do a lot of damage to an army with Low initative.

You could probably do enough damage to win the game.

Then again, if your against elves then its not *that* much use!
Tethlis
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Tethlis »

Dante Valentine wrote:Then again, if your against elves then its not *that* much use!

True, you just have to settle for sniping their low Toughness characters and continuing to fuel your magic phase with leeched dice and Sacrificial Dagger ;) .

Death is a supercharged lore, and crippling to some opponents, but I can't say I'm a fan of that type of playstyle.
There is no escape from Chaos. It marks us all.

Dante valentine
Cold One Knight

Post by Dante valentine »

The lore is still good against elves ofc, that one spell, not so.

Still, 1/6 people will still die from the Sun so its always worth a gamble, i can imagine a High Elf player not being overly impressed when all his invincible phoenix guard start to vanish!
Thanee
Rending Star
Rending Star

Post by Thanee »

One thing of note... you only hit what is under the template while it moves the rolled distance. Afterwards, you continue to move the template until there is a free space for it to be placed on the table, but that second movement does not hit anything in the way.

Bye
Thanee
Pjeos
Executioner

Post by Pjeos »

Thanee's right, we in our local gaming club asked Games-workshop and received the same explanation XD.
Deroth
Assassin

Post by Deroth »

it's in the big rulebook FAQ if you are looking for the ruling :)
If I had a knife I would shoot you
Rebmonk
Shade

Post by Rebmonk »

you also have to place the purple sun in base of your sorceress before launching it. You don't get to put it anywhere on the table. You can use the dark pegasus but that does make her very vulnerable.