Chariots?

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Tundrik
Trainee Warrior

Chariots?

Post by Tundrik »

Do ppl still use chariots in this edition?

Not as mounts but just as the themselves
We need more slaves !
Mr. anderson
Dark Illusionist

Post by Mr. anderson »

I use them rather a lot - they just became a little tougher (against cannons...) and they can really turn the tide of a prolonged combat. Spend some time getting them into a flanking position and then ram two of them into the same unit. Almost guaranteed win. I've been thinking about using my BSB on chariot. He'll have the war banner. Coupled with a flank charge (and him having a lance) that is a guaranteed +3 to the combat if he causes no wounds at all, but hopefully much much more. And because there aren't any "slots" as such any more, taking them has just become a lot easier. No more you have to choose between them and all the other juicy units. You can take 'em all!
When I think of something witty, I shall put it here.
Fleshcollector
Noble

Post by Fleshcollector »

Chariots are great and building on Mr. Andersons' reply, I'd say to remember that applying a chariot to steadfast unit means virtually nothing regarding combat resolution. Using the chariot against to tip the unit from steadfast to non-steadfast is somewhere that they may really shine.
Excuse me. I've come to harvest your flesh.
Tundrik
Trainee Warrior

Post by Tundrik »

thank you both for your comments/tips for them
We need more slaves !
Darigaaz
Black Guard

Post by Darigaaz »

Chariots are something that I want to try in this addition, but haven't yet, owing to my chariot having random parts broken off and such.
CoC are no longer on the GW website, so I'm taking this as a good sign that new plastic kits are on the way :D
"I am hatred, darkness and despair".
Tethlis
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Tethlis »

One great thing about Cold One chariots is that they provide a fair amount of hitting power, mobility and durability in one fairly cheap, compact model. This gives them a great "utility" roll, letting you send them off to take care of annoyances and minor nuisances without committing a 300+ point infantry regiment or a major monster to accomplish the same role. So going after things like warmachines, shooting regiments, fast cavalry, lone characters, scouts, etc. are all possible with a Chariot, letting you focus the bulk of your army on more significant threats.

In one game of mine, my Cold One Chariot did nothing but chase down fleeing units, either running them down or herding them off the table. A glamorous role? Not really, but the Chariot's charge has enough distance that it can easily run down a lot of opponents and net you those valuable late-game victory points.
There is no escape from Chaos. It marks us all.