Am i the only one?

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

North
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by North »

didnt i read in the DE rule book that a BSB barer cant use any other magical items but the Death Hag can have gifts of Khaine?
Darktan
Cold One Knight

Post by Darktan »

yes, a death hag BSB can have gifts of khaine while carrying a magic banner, but cannot take any of the gifts that are also magic items.
Savonarola
Highborn

Post by Savonarola »

The cauldron gives me the possibility to stick to my strategy and still react where needed. The look in the face of your enemy when six harpies or five DRs dispatch his favoured character by KB is worth seeing.
We hate what you hate. And we hate you. With eternal hatred!
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Savonarola wrote:The look in the face of your enemy when six harpies or five DRs dispatch his favoured character by KB is worth seeing.
What will be the look on YOUR face when you read the harpy bestiary telling that they cannot be blessed by the COB?
:? => :shock: => :oops: => :cry:
I hope also that you don't give KB to the horses, but only to the riders. ;)
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Tiechonortheal
Trainee Warrior

Post by Tiechonortheal »

It depends on my list. I play at the 2500pt level, and it makes it a lot of my lists.

Really, it's any list that relies upon units of infantry to kill things to win. The benefits are shunted to an entire unit, and that is worth the cost to me most of the time. The +1 Attack goes a long way to upping the shredding power of a unit of infantry, especially one that's already got lots of attacks, like Witches or Corsairs, while the 5+ Ward save comes in very handy for giving some resilience (esp vs shooting) to expensive but low T and lightly armored troops like Black Guard.

However, that's my infantry lists. It's very good there, because generally my units will always be in range of it to gain the benefits.

I never take one in my Cav-focused or Monster Mash lists, as the entire list is just far too fast and leaves the Cauldron way, way behind, plus the benefits are less pronounced on the units included in such lists than they are on a ranked unit of foot sloggers.

My Monster Mash list runs a Dragon rider, 2 Manticore riders, and 2 hydras, plus 3 chariots and a mess of dark riders. Firstly, I'm using up every last point of my Hero allowance on the Manticore riders, so there is no room, and secondly the list, as has been said, is entirely too fast for there to be any real benefit from using a cauldron.
Savonarola
Highborn

Post by Savonarola »

Calisson wrote:the harpy bestiary telling that they cannot be blessed by the COB

This part of your comment is indeed valid so thanks for it. It changes nothing on the fact that COB is very useful and is an excellent element of strategic ballance.
We hate what you hate. And we hate you. With eternal hatred!
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Sorry for the rest of my comment! I couldn't resist. Hope you don't resent it. ;)
And yes, it's hard to leave the COB home when you start to have a taste of it!
But that is not the topic of this thread.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Meteor
Executioner

Post by Meteor »

Tiec has a good point, that CoB is better used alongside a infantry based army. It's one of the main reasons why I take a CoB with me too.
What's mine is mine, What's yours is mine.
Now that we understand each other, lets get down to business.

Jacks -Shade
- WS 5 - - S 3 - - T 2 - - D 6 - - I 5 -

Equipment
Short Sword, MC Long Sword*, Dagger, RxB & RHB [20/10] MC Shade Cloak, 4 Throwing Daggers, 3x Healing Vials, 451C, [3]Dark Venom, [4]Unseen Chains, Food, Dark Steed- Spike

Skills
Basic Stealth, Awareness, TWF, Suithenlu Khythan, Ride

Magic Item
Eye of the Jabberwock

*Magical properties possibly imbued