CoB and True LoS

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Count zero
Cold One Knight

CoB and True LoS

Post by Count zero »

Hi guys, quick question:

With the new LoS rules how do you think players (at a GT event specifically) would react if for a CoB you just used the Cauldron bowl by itself and not attached to the big statue?

I'm thinking it probably wouldn't go down very well, esp as the CoB is an official GW model.

the only reason I'm thinking about it I'm not sure if I will have time to paint the whole thing.

I'm also going to be using old style Hydras, which are much smaller then the new ones, although i don't think this will be such an issue?
Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.
Thanee
Rending Star
Rending Star

Post by Thanee »

*shrug*

Everyone dislikes the statue... I don't think it would be a big deal.

If someone objects, just be more lenient when it comes to drawing LoS to it (only cover, even if it is completely out of sight). Problem solved.

The Hydra should be no problem at all. Both are official models and it's not like you made one deliberately small in order to create LoS issues.

Bye
Thanee
Jbtheslipperking
Executioner

Post by Jbtheslipperking »

Or you can do as I do, use the old 4 ed. model of the COB, much smaller and alot cooler. The death hag sitting in a small charriot pulled by the two hags. As for the hydra the new model is imo much better looking and totally worth the small inconvinience of beeing abit higher.
Wtf, dragon`s breath is not flamable ?
Count zero
Cold One Knight

Post by Count zero »

I've managed to get it painted up so its ok in the end.

Yes the new hydra is a lot better, I'm only taking my old ones as i have them painted up, i have new ones but they aren't ready. Still i'm looking forward to the day i can plonk 4 down on the battlefield :)
Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.
Ungorlucky
Warrior

Post by Ungorlucky »

I don't know if this is controversial but I intend making 2 cauldrons . One will be a display model mounted on a Steggadon. The other will be a dolls house cauldron acquired from my Mrs ( she collects dolls houses) .It is small enough to be mounted on a 20mm base but I think I will put it on a 25mm base as it would look better. Height wise it is just slightly smaller than the GW model but doesn't have that statue pointing down at the target. This set up I feel would make it easier to hide at the rear of my army.