Lokhir Fellheard
93%

Total votes: 14

Babnik
Black Guard

Shadow blade vs Lokhir Fellheart

Post by Babnik »

Dear druchii fellows,

I am busy designing a 3,000pts list for a tourney where special characters are allowed.

Morathi is in! Her +5 to any cast is I trust a must have!

But I was thinking to include also a special hero and I am hesitating between:
- Shadow blade. In 8th ed, most characters are embedded in unit. Warchine are deadlier than ever. For both threat, he should be the right solution.
- Lokhir Fellheard. With all these multiple ranks units, he should be able to deliver up to 8-9 attacks S4 with reroll to wound. With COB not far (KB), he can wipe out anything to grant huge CR.

YOur thoughts? Is it worthy to include one of them with our beloved queen? If yes, which one?
Our club's facebook page:
Fantastique Bataillon de Joinville
Look for French tourneys pics galleries!
Masked jackal
Noble

Post by Masked jackal »

Shadowblade can't actually hide in warmachines anymore, as they aren't considered infantry models. Besides, he's overcosted for such poor equipment in my opinion. Lokhir Fellheart however, gains in the new edition, as the Red Blades bonus becomes even better when enemies rank up a lot.
8th Edition Druchii War Report:
W/D/L: 30/1/15
http://www.freedomstudios.net/boredlife/boards/index.php?sid=18db5076e750fafca78c5ae7ed86bab3
Bored Life: Forum for RPs and general discussion in need of new blood. PM for details.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Shadowblade entry specifies that he can hide in warmachines.
Shadowblade has been FAQed but not this part.

Still, I concur with you about who lost the most from this edition.
Shadowblade suffers furthermore from the fact that any character may move across a unit in order to come into contact with an enemy.
The old tactics of revealing Shadowblade next to a Level 4 and away from the killy hero is not available anymore.

Lokhir gains as well from terror: it works now in each round of melee.
Overall, Lokhir is more worth his pts than Shadowblade.
Even though, neither one is worth more than the equivalent of troops in a competitive tourney. Think about how many more COK you could take for their price? How many more Execs?
Or one more COB?

Back to topic:
Babnik, it depends: if you have not enough warmachine hunters in your army, then Shadowblade is still better.
If you care more about killing masses, then Lokhir is your hero.
If you don't absolutely need them, take more troops: for the price, you could get a nice killing unit.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Masamune
Black Guard

Post by Masamune »

I agree with Calisson that it comes down to the composition of the rest or your army. The character needs to compliment that - it's not a straight up Hero A > Hero B.

For instance if you have a magic heavy army then taking out the enemy's L4 might be the way to go, so shadowblade would be well worth it if that's all he does. Denying the +4 on dispel would be critical.

Lokir is just a beast. The terror is a great bonus too. But of course he's more about taking down rank and file.

I would also consider the 3rd option where you take neither. You don't want to put together the named character parade just because the tournament allows you to. Remember that to take the character you sacrifice a lot of standard units and troops which might serve you better.
L1qw1d
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by L1qw1d »

Also good to note is the "Slaver" thing for Lokhir- he DOES pay for himself a touch... S. Blade is pretty much "Get rid of the most troublesome person, and then blow up" in some cases lol
Oderint dum Metuant.
Malekii
Shade

Post by Malekii »

shadow blade is the ultimate defence against cannon sniping as all i have to do is stay hidden for one turn.
Never trust a monster wearing a top hat

Hi, i'm Malekii but you can call me My Lord.
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

Shadowblade is a glorified Warmachine Hunter. I wouldn't trust him to kill any lord level characters (not with 4 attacks) in one round.

He's also good at slaughtering champions in challenges (due to Dark Venom) but since Stalwart exists now, he's highly unlikely to break any unit this way.
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16