Character Model Ideas

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Night rider
Shade

Character Model Ideas

Post by Night rider »

Today I finally decided, well my dice really as I couldn't quite pick a winner from the two armies I was tossing up between, to collect the Druchii.

The only issue it raises is that I'm not keen on most of the current DE combat characters. Do other DE players feel the same way about their character models and if so how do you get around that?
Kaleth stinson
Black Guard

Post by Kaleth stinson »

Me personally love the CoK lord and the chars on foot with the tiny dragons on their shoulders.
But as you can see on the painting forums theres a lot of people that actaully make their own chars with the differnt parts that we have as leftovers, usually CoK parts, corsair parts, executioners, black guards and maybe some parts from other races to make some cool chars.

Hope that helped a bit! :)
Jaith wrote:
"Why 10% more expensive?"

Mighty Beardtrix wrote:
"Because GW once said:"

"All your cash are belongs to us!"
Thanee
Rending Star
Rending Star

Post by Thanee »

Did you have a look at these?

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catal ... GameStyle=

Some really nice models there. :)

I also really like the new hero on cold one metal model.

There are also some alternate miniature companies, which have specialized in making character models that somehow fit very well into existing Warhammer armies. ;)

Bye
Thanee
Night rider
Shade

Post by Night rider »

Thanee wrote:Did you have a look at these?

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catal ... GameStyle=

Some really nice models there. :)

I also really like the new hero on cold one metal model.

There are also some alternate miniature companies, which have specialized in making character models that somehow fit very well into existing Warhammer armies. ;)

Bye
Thanee

Well some of those are better, but are they still on sale or do you have to order them?
Ungorlucky
Warrior

Post by Ungorlucky »

You have to order them from Mail Order /Online.

I agree with the others , in that, as we have excellent plastics you can make your own characters . Whilst I am not a fan of the Corsairs from the plastic set as I prefer my metal models , they do make excellent characters in conjunction with the other plastics we have at our disposal.

I am also looking at converting some of the metal models. I do like the sculpt for the sorceress on the cold one and looking to make her into a female fighting character.
Night rider
Shade

Post by Night rider »

Yeah I figured that'd be the case, having to order older models that is, does make them a bit more expensive.

I think I'm slightly more inclined to do some converting for my characters or use other armies characters.
Thanee
Rending Star
Rending Star

Post by Thanee »

Those are actually not older characters in most cases (some are, like Rakarth), but rather mail-order exclusives.

Bye
Thanee
Night rider
Shade

Post by Night rider »

Thanee wrote:Those are actually not older characters in most cases (some are, like Rakarth), but rather mail-order exclusives.

Bye
Thanee

Oh okay, I see.
Kirby
Shade

Post by Kirby »

You're right, the characters for Dark Elves tend to be somewhat lackluster from GW. They're all pretty dated at this point, though some sculpts are nicer than others none really stick out in my opinion.

Currently I'm using Asharahfrom Raging Heroes as my General. The original 28mm version sold out just after release, but I hear they'll be coming out with a new Anniversary edition in a different pose by the end of this year.
Outbreak
Trainee Warrior

Post by Outbreak »

I just ordered a mantic vampire lord on dark pegasus from maelstrom
http://www.manticgames.com/ImageCache/P ... FFF.0.jpeg

looks pretty awesome but i'm told that it's abit small like most of their stuff. Plan on dumping the vampire rider and converting up a cold one knight to ride it as a master on dark peg. Other then that i agree most of out master models suck. I'm not too big a fan of the sorceresses either but i have an old oop dark elf sorceror model i'll be using.
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

Mantic is tiny.. I saw someone playing with full Mantic High Elf army... the dragon was smaller than some pegasi I've seen.
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16