Confusing Soulblight and Word of Pain rules

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Remydon
Trainee Warrior

Confusing Soulblight and Word of Pain rules

Post by Remydon »

So, what happens when you confuse the boosted version of Soulblight with Word of Pain?

A 24" bubble of awesome. I accidentally did this (first time using WoP) in a 3000 pt game against a friend playing demons. The result? A pegasus master single handedly killing a demon prince with no wounds in return, and CoB witch elf horde taking a combo charge from a seeker chariot, another chariot (the one with the juggernaught?) and a horde of the nurgle things and slaughtering all of them in the first round of combat. I had read about the game-changing effectiveness of WoP, but HOLY CRAP! I felt really bad after the fact when I re-read the spell card and realized what had happened. I was beginning to wonder if we were horribly, horribly OP up until that point...
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Re: Confusing Soulblight and Word of Pain rules

Post by Calisson »

Well, that's because demons are so sensitive to pain.
But beware, next time you play against TK, WoP recalling them their agony will inflict them no actual pain (they cannot feel it) but rather rejoice them (they will recall the last time they were alive), for an opposite effect.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}