Double D's

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Kaleth stinson
Black Guard

Double D's

Post by Kaleth stinson »

Hey guys!

In my last few games i have been trying several options on how to best use magic in games, and have been rewarded richly! I have won my last 6 games in a row and most of them ended in massacers, something i havent done since 7th.

And here is mainly how:

I use what i fondly call my Double D's, a lvl 4 with death magic, talisman of preservation and a fokus familiar in a unit of spearmen with 1+ ld, and a lvl 2 with dark magic on a dark pegasus with tome of furion and lifetaker.

Dark and Death, and they are females. Double D's, get it? Anyways..

So this post is partly to tell you how i run my sorceresses and what great fun it is, and also to see if someone can come with critique on how i can make this killer combo better!

Lastly i want to thank Druchii.net for inspiration and help i have gotten, without you i wouldent have the pleasure of beating a high elf player in my first turn!! :twisted: (snipped his lvl4 general and soulstealer + chillwind on his big LS unit)
Jaith wrote:
"Why 10% more expensive?"

Mighty Beardtrix wrote:
"Because GW once said:"

"All your cash are belongs to us!"
Dirty Mac
Assassin

Post by Dirty Mac »

Please tell me how you are beating HE, because they will be my enemy for my first game next week, and probably the only army i play against.
Rejoice and Revel in the Triumph of the Dark.

Enkiel
Assassin

Post by Enkiel »

Dirty Mac wrote:Please tell me how you are beating HE, because they will be my enemy for my first game next week, and probably the only army i play against.
basically, he snipes the opponent's character, and then use chillwind to remove any dangerous shooting.

Once in close combat tho, he'd face the same fate as everyone else against HE.
Kaleth stinson
Black Guard

Post by Kaleth stinson »

It depends on how big the game is, and who is playing. The high elf player that i usually play against loves big blocks lothern seaguards, and normaly not that mobile of an army. My tips against high elves in general is not to meet them in close combat, but rather dance around them with dark riders and tons of rxb.
Jaith wrote:

Mighty Beardtrix wrote:

Ebonyphoenix
Noble

Post by Ebonyphoenix »

That and Soul Stealer/Black Horror is an absolutely horrid thing to drop on a block of elves. Strength and Toughness 3 does not bode well with those spells.

Cast Soulblight from the Lv4, and you have a recipe for disaster for the poor little high elf if he isn't heavily packing in the magic defense area. That -1 S and T works wonders with Dark Magic and with massed repeater crossbows.
"Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons, For You Are Crunchy And Taste Good With Ketchup"

My motto: Whether I win, lose, or draw the game; I win as long as my opponent has pulled their hair out by the end of the game. :twisted:

Honoring Khaine since March 2003.
Enkiel
Assassin

Post by Enkiel »

what i'm mostly surprised, is that your lvl2 never took a cannon ball in the head...

here, any army that can have them, will have at least 2 or 3. that make short work of a mage without any defense.
Kaleth stinson
Black Guard

Post by Kaleth stinson »

I never play against cannons, and after a round of soulstealer she has 4 wounds, and i also have chillwind to stop my biggest range dangers. The flying part of the pegasus and t4 means that she normaly is out of sigth and harder to kill with ranged.
Jaith wrote:

Mighty Beardtrix wrote:

Enkiel
Assassin

Post by Enkiel »

Kaleth Stinson wrote:I never play against cannons, and after a round of soulstealer she has 4 wounds, and i also have chillwind to stop my biggest range dangers. The flying part of the pegasus and t4 means that she normaly is out of sigth and harder to kill with ranged.

guess it all goes down to what you mostly play against.
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

The flying part of the pegasus and t4 means that she normaly is out of sigth and harder to kill with ranged.

Pegasus makes her have 3 Wounds, but she remains T3
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16
L1qw1d
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by L1qw1d »

Enkiel wrote:Once in close combat tho, he'd face the same fate as everyone else against HE.

you mean the tar pits them and has one of the stronger units flank?
Oderint dum Metuant.