4 months and 20 games later, my COK rock with 8th!

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Blondshade
Executioner

Post by Blondshade »

i pulled my cok off the shelf for a recent ogre game. one word. destroyed.
the ogres destroyed my cok. mournfang work very well against our dark elf cok with their 2+/6+ and rediculous # of attack. i guess next game since they are one of our heavy hitters i will go bareback with no command to save points or make cok bigger so i break on the charge.

anyone have trouble with ogres? what should the size of my cok be against them?
Sun-tzu
Corsair

Post by Sun-tzu »

I've been using 10 man units with just ASF banner and they have done me well.

After reading this thread and how people worry about magic (searing doom and other direct damage) has anyone tried to use null talismans? ( or whatever it's called to give us multiple mr)

Unit gets a standard 2+ as
Cauldron can give 5+ ward against warmachines
Talisman(s) will give 4+ ward against magic alone or 2+ if combined with cauldron.

Just a thought.
Blondshade
Executioner

Post by Blondshade »

Sun-Tzu wrote:I've been using 10 man units with just ASF banner and they have done me well.

After reading this thread and how people worry about magic (searing doom and other direct damage) has anyone tried to use null talismans? ( or whatever it's called to give us multiple mr)

Unit gets a standard 2+ as
Cauldron can give 5+ ward against warmachines
Talisman(s) will give 4+ ward against magic alone or 2+ if combined with cauldron.

Just a thought.

we gofirst and reroll anyway. why asf banner? whats good for mournfangs?
Tmarichards
Noble

Post by Tmarichards »

ASF banner gives the unit re-rolls in subsequent rounds of combat, gives the unit some real staying power. Also allows the Cold Ones to sneak in first, and sometimes even get re-rolls :D

I know I posted this in another thread a couple of hours ago, but I'm currently working on a list that revolves around a Cold One bus, unashamedly stolen from Asger's ETC list (link to his list and his battler reports here http://warhammer.org.uk/phpBB/viewtopic ... 43&t=91844)
"he's got quite an arrogant british air about him that i used to think was really annoying but now it cracks me up.

"Tut, tut old lad! that's not how you play 'the Queen's' Warhammer!"
*takes sip of tea*"

Check out my Youtube bettle reports http://druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=68253
Drachanthir
Black Guard

Post by Drachanthir »

Vulcan: I don't believe Cold Ones get Eternal Hatred anymore. Pity.

From the DE Faq:
Page 43 – Eternal Hatred
Change “[...]Dark Elves may[...]” to [...]models with this
rule[...]” Ignore the last sentence.

As the cold one and knight are considered as one model, the cold one also gets hatred :)
"I will make my arrows drunk with blood, and my sword shall devour flesh, with the blood of the slain and the captives, from the heads of the leaders of the enemy."
Deut.32:42
Dirty Mac
Assassin

Post by Dirty Mac »

But if you read our rule book, under mounts the cold one does not have the "Eternal Hatred" special rule. so only the knight gets to re-roll.
Rejoice and Revel in the Triumph of the Dark.

Ichiyo1821
Highborn

Post by Ichiyo1821 »

Drachanthir wrote:

From the DE Faq:
Page 43 – Eternal Hatred

As the cold one and knight are considered as one model, the cold one also gets hatred :)

No, unless specified that the mount has hatred on it's profile it does not get Eternal hatred even if the rider has it.

I haven't fought the new OK but 10+COK +BoHG+ Cauldron will rip through anything and I predict they will continue to do so until a new edition comes or we get a new book but since that unit is not really OP as you need to invest quite a number of points and get a COB, I don't think they will get hit by the nerfhammer still.
8th Edition

W/D/L
86/1/5

New AB
W/D/L
32/1/0

9th Age
W/D/L

Vae Victis
Character kill count -182

"To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill."

Armies
Dark Elves
Dark Eldar
Death Korps of Kreig
Blondshade
Executioner

Post by Blondshade »

Ichiyo1821 wrote:
Drachanthir wrote:

From the DE Faq:
Page 43 – Eternal Hatred

No, unless specified that the mount has hatred on it's profile it does not get Eternal hatred even if the rider has it.

I haven't fought the new OK but 10+COK +BoHG+ Cauldron will rip through anything and I predict they will continue to do so until a new edition comes or we get a new book but since that unit is not really OP as you need to invest quite a number of points and get a COB, I don't think they will get hit by the nerfhammer still.

i used to do this but nobody likes playing with me anymore and they would talk about me. so now i play for fun and not to rip the opponent a new one. sure our book is easily abusable so be careful not to fall into the toolshed with making lists