Exectioners Axe, possible or plain rubbish?

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Xuza
Corsair

Exectioners Axe, possible or plain rubbish?

Post by Xuza »

Hello.

Couldn't find a dreadlord build with the executioners axe, and I guess it's because it's pretty overpriced/hard to use.

But if you would have a dreadlord with executioners axe, what else would he have?

My idea is something like this;
Executioners axe, Dragonhelm, Seed of Rebirth, Ha, Sea dragon cloak - 252 points.

Probably not worth it at all, but would be fun to try out once in a freindly game or so. =)
Betrayal comes natural...
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

Executioner's Axe = Strikes Last and not enough points left for protection... big no-no for elves.
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16
Lord Veshnakar
Highborn

Post by Lord Veshnakar »

I put it on my dreadlord w/blood armor and luckstone in a unit of 40 corsairs that has the Sea Serpent Standard and a BSB with the Banner of Hag Greaf (either a hag or a master depending, but I usually prefer the hag as she can take gifts of khaine as well).

This way he will usually always strike first, have 5 attacks, have a 1+ armor save from blood armor, and can reroll once if he hits a high strength attacker that he can't kill before it kills him.

I really like using it, if just for lore purposes alone because I love the idea of my dreadlord carrying a huge axe and dismembering all in his path.
"Do unto others before they do unto you."
Flash29
Assassin

Post by Flash29 »

Lord Veshnakar wrote:I put it on my dreadlord w/blood armor and luckstone in a unit of 40 corsairs that has the Sea Serpent Standard and a BSB with the Banner of Hag Greaf (either a hag or a master depending, but I usually prefer the hag as she can take gifts of khaine as well).

This way he will usually always strike first, have 5 attacks, have a 1+ armor save from blood armor, and can reroll once if he hits a high strength attacker that he can't kill before it kills him.

I really like using it, if just for lore purposes alone because I love the idea of my dreadlord carrying a huge axe and dismembering all in his path.

this, almost to the letter XD i thought i was the only one.

but no i also run a cauldron so he usually runs with a 5+ward save, he has singlehandly slain steamtanks, and, in 1 sweep, 5 treekin

your bsb can get a 3+ as (heavy armour, shield, sea dragon cloak) and you give him a scourge for added punch, or greatweapon i guess.

if you want you can even add a assassin getting a very expencive unit . Its not the best build but it is fun. and possible. it was more fun in 7th in the asf blackguard unit, with a hag bsb with hydra banner
Tethlis
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Tethlis »

Black Guard with Banner of Hag Graef are a decent choice also, since that allows the Dreadlord to access ASF without having to rely on a Death Hag. A few solid kills with his High Initiative will get his Blood Armor leveled up reasonably quickly, and he can provide some hard-hitting punch that compliments the rank-and-file killing power of Black Guard very nicely. Whip of Agony or Crimson Death adds even more high-strength killing power to that unit, making them into a pretty fearsome pack of monster or cavalry hunters.
There is no escape from Chaos. It marks us all.

Hansleonard
Corsair

Post by Hansleonard »

I have had very much success with a unit of 20 Black Guard ( 3x7) With the Dreadlord, Executioners axe, Blood Armour, Luckstune/Dragonbane Gem, SDC. Hag Graef banner, Crimson Death Champ.