well, is this one scary?

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Theduskiestelf
Slave on the Altar

well, is this one scary?

Post by Theduskiestelf »

Hey all, thanks to those of you that looked over and responded to my last post! I know that was a lame list, and ive had a couple games to figure out how to tweak it, so here she is, 2000 more foppish points of those delightful high elves...

prince, gw, dragon armour, barded steed, helm of fortune, talisman of saphery, talisman of loec
*2+ re-rolled armour saves, enemy magic weapons don't work in base to base

Mage, lvl 2, seerstaff of saphery, high magic

Mage, lvl 2, jewel of the dusk, high magic

30 spearelves, musician, standard, war banner
12 archers
12 archers

17 swordmasters, musician, standard, banner of sorcery
6 dragon princes, full command, ellyrian banner
*these guys don't take dangerous terrain tests

5 shadow warriors

2 repeater bolt throwers

Alright, i know it's not scary. But would these impeccably dressed elves give any of the druchii something to worry about?

I'm gonna try to panic or at least diminish rank bonuses of 2 or 3 units every turn with those archers and bolt throwers. The mage with 'curse of arrow attraction' in his spellset should help out with this endeavour. Man, i love that spell.... Whosoever makes it close to the spears should be charged by the dragon princes, or the swordmasters. I figure if my archers and bolts can take down a good number of those dang RxBs, i should be good. Thanks again! Cheers from saphery!
Geist
Noble

Post by Geist »

Hate to say it but this is not a dangerous list.

Your lord is subject to any combat with natural high ST or a cauldron blessed killing blow character. Also of course hydra's would have a chance to kill your lord over course of 2 turns. You of course have a good chance of hurting it. Moving along.

Archer blocks are too small, while high elves archers are good with volley fire, you just dont have enough.

The only thing that seems to have teeth to it, is your banner of sorcery backed by 2 mages with high magic.

I give it a C for killy but a B+ for the possible magic threat.
Flyers for the win in 8th.

DEATH FROM ABOVE DRUCIH AIR CAV!!!!

The Machine will grind you down.

The League of Extraordinary Druchii
Ichiyo1821
Highborn

Post by Ichiyo1821 »

That is one fragile list even for Elven standards. I suppose the mages either go to the Archers and the Spearmen. If they are in the Spearmen block then you cannot use them to hold on to a unit for your Swordmasters to counter-charge with. Swordmasters get shot and zapped with magic to bits and with nothing but the Dragon Princes as threats, you can be sure that you're opponent will take out the DP first as they are faster then deal with the SM later. For their price and numbers 5 Shadow Warriors are not gonna cut it in terms of warmachine hunting and far as the lord is concerned, maybe its just me but armies have easy access to high strength goodies and Killing Blow that I simply refuse to field a combat character without some sort of ward save or resistance to KB. Another thing is with this edition's lore, there are better lores to use with High Elves than High Magic.
8th Edition

W/D/L
86/1/5

New AB
W/D/L
32/1/0

9th Age
W/D/L

Vae Victis
Character kill count -182

"To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill."

Armies
Dark Elves
Dark Eldar
Death Korps of Kreig
Malekii
Shade

Post by Malekii »

I argree with the others plus you should spread out your lores. I for example would take life and beasts.
Never trust a monster wearing a top hat

Hi, i'm Malekii but you can call me My Lord.