Question about assasins

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Sivet
Slave on the Altar

Question about assasins

Post by Sivet »

A fast question here.

Reasonly i've met some new ppl who also play warhammer and we disagree on a very simple but important thing.

When you present your army do you also say "I have this many assasins with"? Or is it fine to prove that you placed them before the battle began with your army notes?
Carolus
Executioner

Post by Carolus »

No need to declare the amount of assassins, however if they don't trust your word you better make a note of where he's hidden and then show it to them when he reveals himself.
Myrkrdreki
Shade

Post by Myrkrdreki »

Yes, and I dont belive you have to choose the unit he is in until all units are deployed. In other words, you dont have to make your assassin a member of one specific unit in your armylist.
8th Edition:

W/D/L
14/1/4
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

You put down a dozen assassin models on the side of the board during deployment to keep your opponent off guard.

When it's time to deploy characters you write down next to each assassin on your list, which unit they're hiding in.

When you reveal an assassin you show your opponent that he's hiding there.

At the end of the battle, when you're asked how many assassin you actually had (remember you placed a dozen on the field, waiting to be revealed) you show the list with no assassins on it.
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16
Sivet
Slave on the Altar

Post by Sivet »

awesome thanks that is exactly what i wanted to hear :)
Myrkrdreki
Shade

Post by Myrkrdreki »

Hehe Dalamar, that scare-tactic was allot of fun in 7th i remember :) I remember I once asked my friend; "Can I proxy a few assassins?" (I have two assasins from before). I ofc fielded none ;)
8th Edition:

W/D/L
14/1/4
Firebuck
Warrior

Post by Firebuck »

Dalamar wrote:You put down a dozen assassin models on the side of the board during deployment to keep your opponent off guard.

When it's time to deploy characters you write down next to each assassin on your list, which unit they're hiding in.

When you reveal an assassin you show your opponent that he's hiding there.

At the end of the battle, when you're asked how many assassin you actually had (remember you placed a dozen on the field, waiting to be revealed) you show the list with no assassins on it.

That is exactly what I did with my Fanatics when I played orc and goblin. I never thought of doing that with my dark elves. Thank you very much for "reminding" me.
Kaleth stinson
Black Guard

Post by Kaleth stinson »

I have had this talk about Shades aswell, i ment that having scouts, ment that my enemy dident have to know, so that i could deploy behind them. But people ment that i had to show them before the game, so that they could keep the 12" bubble, and therfore loosing the element of surprise.

But what we agreed on is that you dont have to show him that you have an assassin in your army, but you can ofcourse do as Dalamar did! :twisted:
Jaith wrote:
"Why 10% more expensive?"

Mighty Beardtrix wrote:
"Because GW once said:"

"All your cash are belongs to us!"
Tethlis
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Tethlis »

Toying with opponents can be fun. When I run an assassin, I definitely like to leave him in plain view until he's deployed, to keep my opponent guessing.

I like to do the same thing with my Black Dragon model. If I feel like messing with an opponent I don't particularly like, I'll take the dragon out of my carrying case, put it on a corner of the table as we start to deploy, lay out all my units, and when I get to character deployment, I put the dragon back in my bag and take out my Level 4 and Cold One Lord instead. When my opponent asks why I put the Black Dragon on the table if I wasn't planning on using it, I just tell him that it's at the top of my case, and I had to take it out in order to reach the rest of my army ;) .
Last edited by Tethlis on Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is no escape from Chaos. It marks us all.

Meteor
Executioner

Post by Meteor »

It's what I do too haha.
What's mine is mine, What's yours is mine.
Now that we understand each other, lets get down to business.

Jacks -Shade
- WS 5 - - S 3 - - T 2 - - D 6 - - I 5 -

Equipment
Short Sword, MC Long Sword*, Dagger, RxB & RHB [20/10] MC Shade Cloak, 4 Throwing Daggers, 3x Healing Vials, 451C, [3]Dark Venom, [4]Unseen Chains, Food, Dark Steed- Spike

Skills
Basic Stealth, Awareness, TWF, Suithenlu Khythan, Ride

Magic Item
Eye of the Jabberwock

*Magical properties possibly imbued