Hey guys

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Etancross
Warrior

Hey guys

Post by Etancross »

I didnt know exactly where to put this but....

I don't know how many of you guys remember me from a while back but for those that do, i was the guy that couldn't BUY a win with Dark Elves and almost quit them and sold everything i had....

Well i kept with it, gaming with my friends and picking up a game here and there... well last weekend we had the grand opening for a new local gaming store called "A-Game Hobbies" Here in Richmond Va. They had a warhammer tourney I decided i was gonna enter and see what happens....

Well a funny thing happened.... I got 2 massacres and my 3rd opponent surrendered giving me the 1st place win! Another thing that made this so sweet was my good friend and team mate made it to the finals against me and i have NEVER beaten him in a game of fantasy....

Well the game was INTENSE but i managed to edge him out in the end and take the win!...

Im the guy on the left with the 1st place certificate, my good friend is on the right.

I have got to say thanks for all the help, kind words, encouragement and advice i got from Druchii net! This site is fantastic and i hope we all just keep on killen'!
Tundrik
Trainee Warrior

Post by Tundrik »

Well done on the inw it just goes to show try try again and listen to your fellow Druchi
We need more slaves !
Malus99
Scourge
Scourge

Post by Malus99 »

congrats on the victory! And I wish you a bountiful slaving season to come!
Veni, Vidi, Voro!!!

All things perish, this is the law of existence, accept your suffering and your mortality, only by using this truth, can you transcend it.
Phierlihy
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Phierlihy »

With Hate, all things are possible! Nicely done!!
Blondshade
Executioner

Post by Blondshade »

Did you take 2 hydras? That's a ticket to victory!

Good job mate. Love the certificate. With my LGS did something cool and a tournament like this. Jealousssssssssssssss!
Tomcowlin
Executioner

Post by Tomcowlin »

Nice going. Would like to hear the list, see what you ran :)
Member of The Channel 4 News Team - We're kind of big deals

Follow me on Twitter @tomcowlin
Etancross
Warrior

Post by Etancross »

I know some people asked what list i used so i thought i would post some pictures of my list and against the lists i played against. I dont have any pics of the vamp list i beat in the finals, that was an intense game and we both were all business:

Heres My list:

Heres some shots from the first game i played:

Next Game:

Winner Circle
Tethlis
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Tethlis »

That's great! There's nothing quite like a breakthrough to really make you feel good. When I first started up Warhammer Fantasy, I couldn't get a win to save my life, so I know just how you felt. A first-place win in a 3-game tournament is something to be proud of!

Do you feel that you did anything differently to account for your success? Was there anything about your list, your strategy, or any other differences that might have helped you pull off those wins?
There is no escape from Chaos. It marks us all.

Layne
Arnold Layne
Arnold Layne

Post by Layne »

Another happy customer, thanks to dnet.

All the same, as a P&M mod, I find your lack of paint disturbing.
Layne
Global Moderator. Everything but the weather.

Caveat Numptor.

Karonath - WS6 / S4 / T4 / D5 / I3
Equipment: Bloodfeather, heavy armour, helm, Sea Dragon Cloak, rope x 2, month rations x 2
Inventory: longspear, 2 short swords, glaive, winter gear, shade cloak,
Mount: Dark Steed (Shiny), talisman of kurnous
Gold: 2294
Skills: Ambidexterity, Controlled Frenzy, Basic Ride, Drukh Kaganth
Class: Khainite
Etancross
Warrior

Post by Etancross »

Layne wrote:Another happy customer, thanks to dnet.

All the same, as a P&M mod, I find your lack of paint disturbing.

Well.... in my defense i have to say i NEVER thought i would use the Corsairs; I always thought they were over costed for what they did and i just didn't think they were worth it so i never painted them up or did anything with them.

Then once i was planning a list for this game I had an idea of what they can do and now that ive seen it, im planning a army with them and lots of witches.
Dangerous Beans
The Guiding Eye
Location: Sat drinking 'soul stealer' cocktails in the city of Vilebrier with Morathi...

Post by Dangerous Beans »

Congratulations buddy! Great work - really glad to hear that your time and efforts have paid off: sounds like things are really starting to come together for ya! :D

etancross wrote:i was planning a list for this game I had an idea of what they can do and now that ive seen it, im planning a army with them and lots of witches.
Rolling lots of dice is fuuuuun ;)