Help Against Lustria >:(

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Maheros
Slave on the Altar

Help Against Lustria >:(

Post by Maheros »

Hi!, Well i have been playing for like one year against the list of one of my friends.
He uses Lustria with the mighty Slann, and i can't win him, his magic is too powerfull and his troops massacre my elves when he buffes them with lore of life.
Well First I'm Going To Show you My List.
General, Sorcerer lvl 4 Shadow Lore
kaeleth, sac dagger and black dragon egg

Sorcerer lvl 2 with furion Shadow lore

BSB, Cauldron of Blood

30 corsairs FC with SSS(frenzy)

20 repeater crossbowmen

20 Black GUard with standard and musician

5 shades with additional hand weapon

2 war hydras

And His Army, More or Less is like

Slann lvl 4 bsb with an item that passes a miscast to a mage in LoS with 2+, Lore of life, and he knows all the spells of lore of life, and adds one dice to each dice roll

he is in a unit of 16 temple guard FC

he got also a unit of 40 saurus not in a horde, but 6 wide

6 kroxigors

a Stegadon with the mage just lvl 1 with a dispel scroll

and a salamander

Could You Help me Dealing with this?
Should i Change the sac dagger or the furion tome for a dispel scroll?
How can i win him :S?
The Next Time i play with him, i will bring some photos ok :)?
L1qw1d
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by L1qw1d »

well, i think "pointy pointy things" is always a bonus- anything that ignores armour or hits @ S6; Black Guard vs his Sala as fast as possible is good, ItP vs Panic tests is always good.

I'm surprised shadow isn't just chainsawing them.

How are you using the CoB? some of the DLords listed in Ebony's lists are possibly cheaper, and can hit things harder

You can't have multiple magics on your casters tho. May I suggest Metal or Dark? Chillwind is fun vs large clumps. the Metal has evil twists- you dont even need the 6th level spell for the test!
Oderint dum Metuant.
Tethlis
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Tethlis »

Looking at your combat units, I worry a bit because I'm not sure you have enough to threaten his two big blocks at once. Both the 40 Saurus and the Temple Guard will be able to hold through your first charge, and that allows his other support units to come in and provide support for him. Since the Slann hasn't taken Becalming Cogitation (the ability that forces one of your casters to discard all rolls of 6) you can still rely on your magic phase to really help you. Shadows is brilliant versus Lizardmen, so I really encourage you to lower their Weapon Skill, Strength, Toughness, etc. as much as possible while hitting him with Pit or Pendulum.

Your Hydras are the only combat unit with significant Strength or durability, so you'll want to help your Corsairs and Black Guard by making their fights as easy to handle as possible. I think it's going to be a tough fight, based on how you've built your list.
There is no escape from Chaos. It marks us all.

Blondshade
Executioner

Post by Blondshade »

Take more spearmen and put them in a big block. They do good because they are half points of saurus. 80 spearmen>40 saurus. then take lvl 4 fire spells and bolt throwers and you could have all the temple guard widdled down leaving the slann open for a charge from anything. I take a couple squads of harpies too to kill skinks or guys on top of stegadons like heros.

this is the tactic i use to beat lizards. i am 9-1 against them.
Cambell
Slave on the Altar

Post by Cambell »

Maheros I feel your pain all too well. Razordons and terradons are painful beasties!

Have you tried flanking? The impression I get of his list is devoid of a lot manuoverability. E.g. No skirmishing skinks prancing through swamps and difficult terrain for starters.

Personally I'd focus on flanks. In light of this perhaps taking some Dark Riders too shoot his salamanders with? Run them in tens, as they have RxB not handbows so the range is fairly decent and can throw a lot of dice down.
Flank and shoot. These two proverbs are all you need too know.
Lord damian valar
Cold One Knight

Post by Lord damian valar »

Take a fast moving army and simply choose your targets. Something like:

Dreadlord on Dragon (include black dragon egg)
Master Bsb on peg (chuck norris kit)
Sorc lvl 2 on peg (Death)(4+ward)

2x10 DR with xbow
10 Cok (Asf +hotek)
harpies
shades
2x hydra

He has nothing to counter you well. Kill of his salamander with a DR charge, plunge your dragon at his stegadon, lock the kroxes with chuck norris, or kill them off with hydra's.

Let him buff away with lore of life. His main goal will be to protect the Temple guard, but with the long charge ranges you have, simply choose another target. You have not much to fear from his magic, except dwellers, so keep your dice for that. then each turn try to kill his slann of with Death Magic.

When you cleared the support, pay attention to his blocks. See what they look like after 4 breath attacks and then charge in from all sides..

Serious, we have many many options against a list as his....Seems like a simple match to me...