Scaryidea about Witch elves

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Saintofm
Malekith's Best Friend

Scaryidea about Witch elves

Post by Saintofm »

I just had a scary thought.

Unit of 40 witch elves, involving the horde rule, with a Death hag standard bearer with the hydra banner, while the unit is armed with the Murder banner. I figure that’s over 56 attacks from the witch elves (57 if there is a hag), and another 6 from the death hag, which will probably have Rune of Khaine and manbane or death touch and Black lotus. Add the couldron of Khaine we can get even more attacks out (66 attacks from the witch elves, and 7 from the death hag).

What are your thoughts?
Who needs sanity? I have a Hydra
Carolus
Executioner

Post by Carolus »

Killing machine, but very fragile. Will lose alot of numbers to focused shooting/magic. Cauldron save will help though.

The problem is the same as a unit of Execs with ASF, keeping the bsb alive.

You can't count it out until it is playtested though! :D
Minsc
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Minsc »

With CoB it's 71+D3 attacks from the Witchelves + Death Hag attacks.

Personally I'd just ditch the Hydrabanner and have the Cauldron as my BSB. All those points for 10 S3 attacks and 1 S4 attack isn't just worth it in my book, especially since your Death Hag BSB is very fragile. (61+D3 S3 AP poisoned attacks with hatred for less than 2/3d of the price is enough.)
Rabidnid
Malekith's Best Friend

Re: Scaryidea about Witch elves

Post by Rabidnid »

saintofm wrote:I just had a scary thought.

Unit of 40 witch elves, involving the horde rule, with a Death hag standard bearer with the hydra banner, while the unit is armed with the Murder banner. I figure that’s over 56 attacks from the witch elves (57 if there is a hag), and another 6 from the death hag, which will probably have Rune of Khaine and manbane or death touch and Black lotus. Add the couldron of Khaine we can get even more attacks out (66 attacks from the witch elves, and 7 from the death hag).

What are your thoughts?

30 witches are fine without the hag. and saves you around 300 points. flaming banner, enchanted blades from metal, and KB from the cauldron, makes them even better.
"Luck is the residue of design"