Supreme Sorceress on Manticore

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Cronos
Assassin

Supreme Sorceress on Manticore

Post by Cronos »

Hi guys I wanted peoples opinions of the pros and cons of mounting a sorceress this way.

The build I had in mind was:

Lv 4, Pendant of Khaeleth, Focus Familiar, Life Taker.

At 515pts shes pretty pricey, but what other ways would you suggest to kit out our lovely ladies?
Flash29
Assassin

Post by Flash29 »

I wouldn't put her on a manticore, it gets shot down easily, it gets killed easily and it can't break units easily because of steadfast. It has T5 4w and no possible save, which means 4 six's and your sorcerres is walking. if you want to fly take a dark pegasus since it gets the saves of the sorcerres and its a wopping 150 points cheaper. its not good in combat, sure, but a manticore sorcerres isn't as well.

Equipmentwise the focusfamiliar isn't needed if your flying, realy. I'd take the darkstar cloak. Pendant rocks. then lifetaker is kinda meh, it kan be usefull but it isn't that usefull not worth the 30 points in my honest opinion. i'd advise a echanted item, such as the ruby ring of ruin or the black dragon egg.

so your built is't 515 btw its 550 i assume you forgot the lvl up points

so thats 400 points for the alternative
Lord damian valar
Cold One Knight

Post by Lord damian valar »

Also, if you do want her on a big beast, go all the way and play a Dragon. It is much tougher then a Manticore, much stronger in combat and on top of that can be better used outside of combat (fly next to big blok and breath attack it for example). Give her Black dragon egg instead of Lifetaker and double breath attack said unit, you will do alot more damage then with Lifetaker.

D...
Jbtheslipperking
Executioner

Post by Jbtheslipperking »

Manticores is only viable in really big games ( or maby in really small ones ? ) with 3000p++ and a BSB on manticore and lord on dragon you got no issues with ld rolls. Those 36" umbrellas comes in handy in a grudge match with alot of troops. Are they worth theirs points ? Im not so sure, but its a blast to play them.
Wtf, dragon`s breath is not flamable ?
Cronos
Assassin

Post by Cronos »

Thanks guys, points read and understood lol, think i'll stick to the trusty dreadlord and let him loose amongst the rabble ;)