Ring Bearer

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

L1qw1d
Malekith's Personal Guard

Ring Bearer

Post by L1qw1d »

My buddy is proposing this build (I think we see it in the DLord area, but he ran out of space in his lords list)

I KNOW this worked in 7th, because it worked for me, but I was telling him that it was point heavy for what you GET in 8th.

Master: Manticore, Heavy Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak, Shield, Deathpiercer, Ring of Hotek. 340pts

Thoughts?
Oderint dum Metuant.
L1qw1d

Post by L1qw1d »

Oh, I told him to drop the Ring and just pick up something else and divebomb the Caster since he wanted a mount, OR go with a Cold One
Oderint dum Metuant.
Tethlis
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Tethlis »

The problem is fragility. A unit like that is at the mercy of every shooting unit on the table, both rider and mount alike. Lots of players have made the switch to using Pegasi for their characters, since the Pegasus and rider share a profile and you don't have to worry about a fragile mount being shot out from under the character.

A lot of players favor the Cloak of Hag Graef to make a monster-riding character more survivable against warmachines. That might be one option to consider while utilizing the ring.
There is no escape from Chaos. It marks us all.

L1qw1d

Post by L1qw1d »

I THINK (not sure) he was focusing on the KB aspect of the unit- I was trying to tell him that you need Heroic more often nowadays- I think I'll suggest the cloak and maybe one of the +S blades since he managed to make it a master. That way he can use the Shield.

EDIT: I know that in my own game area, we have a Woody- but he still has so many Treekin it's still not optimal
Oderint dum Metuant.