Help vs Lizardmen and Wood Elves

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Bhok
Slave on the Altar

Help vs Lizardmen and Wood Elves

Post by Bhok »

Hey, I am partnering with a bretonnian commander for a 2 vs 2 against Lizardmen and wood elves.

I know the Lizardmen army will run:
Anything from 2 battalion boxes
1 Slann
Jungle swarms
Terradon Riders

The wood elves will run:
Tons of glade guard
Couple Spellweavers/singers
Dryads
4ish Treekin
Treeman
Glade Riders

My Partner (Brets):
35ish Men at arms
20ish Bowmen
2x8 Knights of the Realm
Atleast 1 damsel and Paladin
1 or 2 Treduchets
4 Pegasus Knights
Vulcan
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Vulcan »

Sounds like your partner is planning castle up around his trebs and make the other guys come to him... which is quite a good plan for him.

To support him... well, he's magic-light. A level 4 with sac dagger and a unit of spell-fodder will make a big difference. A cauldron might help too.

But where he's going to struggle is in the mobility department. If he leaves the bowmen and men@arms behind, the woodies will make short work of them. If he doesn't, he allows the Lizzies to dictate the pace of the battle, which is never good. If THEY go magic heavy, they'll never close; they'll just magic you to death from range.

Depending on the size of the battle, an Unkillable Dreadlord might make a big impact - but I wouldn't sacrifice the Level 4 for one. At the very least, you'll need the magic defense against a Slann caster,

Shades - lots of shades - help you dictate the pace of the battle by delivering accurate shooting early and often. The woodies will probaly kill them, but if they do that they aren't shooting at the main force, now, are they?

Hydras bring speed and striking power.

Cold One Knights pair up surprisingly well with Bret Knights. They have the same movement and hit hard on the charge as well. If you really want to go big on COK, go for the whole enchilada - 10, full command, Deathpiercer, Standard of Hag Graef, and a Master BSB with the Hydra Banner. Bonus points if you can get the Cauldron to give them an extra attack to boot!
A unit of Black Guard can help bolster his castle, so the Knights can go out to fight and know their trebs will be protected.