DreadLord Pegasus Tactics?

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Dirty Mac
Assassin

DreadLord Pegasus Tactics?

Post by Dirty Mac »

Hi, I have a tournament coming up, and I fill be fielding My Dreadlord on a Dark Pegasus fir the first time.

It's the standard, HA, Shield, SDC, Whip of Agony, Crown, PoK.

I was wondering how he should best be used.
The enemies I will be facing are HE, Chaos Warriors , Dwarfs, Wood Elves. Possibly Empire and Bretonnia, Ogres too. I have a practice game against HE this Tuesday and it would be nice to have some idea of how to use him to my advantage.
The HE player will have , Dragon princes, White Lions, Phoenix Guard Mage bunker.
eagles and core. maybe 2x Bolt Throwers.

Thanks in advance.
Rejoice and Revel in the Triumph of the Dark.

Tmarichards
Noble

Post by Tmarichards »

Use him to tie up your opponents biggest, nastiest unit while you kill the rest of the army. He's also a good war machine hunter. Every now and then he'll be able to snipe a character, but this will usually only happen vs bad players.

Don't commit him too early on, he's very good at controlling board space. Also, don't go near anything with Killing Blow.
"he's got quite an arrogant british air about him that i used to think was really annoying but now it cracks me up.

"Tut, tut old lad! that's not how you play 'the Queen's' Warhammer!"
*takes sip of tea*"

Check out my Youtube bettle reports http://druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=68253
Dirty Mac
Assassin

Post by Dirty Mac »

I will have a unit of corsairs , should I screen him with them till I can get him in to the flanks? I am concerned that he will get shot to bits or Magic'd to death before I can get him to combat.

The avenger
Beastmaster

Post by The avenger »

Dirty Mac wrote:I will have a unit of corsairs , should I screen him with them till I can get him in to the flanks? I am concerned that he will get shot to bits or Magic'd to death before I can get him to combat.

I think you should drop the Whip on him and take Soulrender/sword of might (fI use the first) and the Dragonhelm. This will give him the same AS, but he'll hit much harder and have 2+ wardsave flaming attacks, including spells from lore of metal and fire.

As he has 1+ As against ranged attacks aswell as the pendant, he's doing quite fine on his own, but on a rare occasion he'll fail his tests, right Tom? ;)

But against daemons and dwarfs, who both have an "you-must-charge-me"stuff, I find it nice to have him in units, as he can't be forced to charge out by himself.
Tmarichards
Noble

Post by Tmarichards »

[quote="The Avenger"]

As he has 1+ As against ranged attacks aswell as the pendant, he's doing quite fine on his own, but on a rare occasion he'll fail his tests, right Tom? ;)

Only on those rare occasions such as the first turn of my second consecutive game on table 1 at Throne of Skulls against Dwarf cannons, yes :(
"he's got quite an arrogant british air about him that i used to think was really annoying but now it cracks me up.

"Tut, tut old lad! that's not how you play 'the Queen's' Warhammer!"
*takes sip of tea*"

Check out my Youtube bettle reports http://druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=68253
Dirty Mac
Assassin

Post by Dirty Mac »

Ok, is it safe to have him strike last?against HE he always will, but against the other armies too? Against dwarfs he will be taking out War Machines if I handle him correctly.

The avenger
Beastmaster

Post by The avenger »

Dirty Mac wrote:Ok, is it safe to have him strike last?against HE he always will, but against the other armies too? Against dwarfs he will be taking out War Machines if I handle him correctly.

It's not a problem at all. He can take pretty much hard stuff, and still get to strike.
In CC he'll have a good AS against low strength and still a descent ward.
Against s5 he'll have a 4+ as and 5- ward. Cool stuff 8)
I've played mine with the soulrender, and I'm pleased ;)
Mortiferum
Slave on the Altar

Post by Mortiferum »

Would this build be good against Monsters - specifically - Hellpit Abom, TK Warsphinx and Colossus, and DE War Hydras?

I understand it has an awesome save / ward saves but do those of you that use this build use it to hold off monsters or just the large hordestar units?
Prince fabulas
Cold One Knight

Post by Prince fabulas »

Warsphinx can be a problem as T8 is really hard to wound and Tomb Gaurd have killing Blow also khemri can get a spell that improves all kb attackes to kb on 5+ and all other attacks get regular kb.

Also watch war hydra (or any reasonable sized DE units) as it can be cauldroned to give KB and it is hard to wound.
Zed
Slave on the Altar

Post by Zed »

I played today vs TK and i tried using dreadlord on pegasus with Sword of Might, PoK, Crown of Command and Dragonhelm. And it was awesome. He totaly bugged Necrosphinxs and held it in place for 3 rounds until COK charged it and killed it outright. The rest of the TKs units were handled with ease but Dreadlord on Pegasus really was the badass on the table :)