need help for Fluff army

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Madrid69
Trainee Warrior

need help for Fluff army

Post by Madrid69 »

Ever since I've started Druchii (a year ago), I was always stunned by the beautifull model for Lokhir Fellhart.

After playtesting him twice, I found out that..well...he sucks. Way to much points, doesn't do enough.
Also, I was stuck with 40 Corsairs (from 2 Battalions.

Now I want to make a Corsair raiding list (fluffwise).

But what do YOU guys think should be in it? I'm thinking around 1500 points.

LORDS:
Dreadlord: he could be in, as the leader of the party

HEROES:
Master: Could be in, either as the leader (escpecially in this small points army), or as the standard bearer of the house of the Dreadlord. I don't feel that a Death Hag has a place in there. Of course, both Master and Dreadlord SHOULD have a Sea Dragon Cloak.

Sorceress: She could be in, hired from the Dark Covenant. Don't think a Supreme Sorceress should be in, as she's way to powerfull to aid such a small raiding party.

CORE:
Pretty much everything, but mostly Corsairs (DUH).
Both Spearmen and RxB's go on raiding cruises. As do Dark Riders sometimes.
The only unit that I don't feel has a place here, are Harpies.

SPECIAL:
Don't really know...probally only Shades and Cold One Knights.

RARE:
Mostly Bolt Throwers, but 1 Hydra could join (they can keep him in the cargo bay).

What are your opinions on the units that could join such a cruise (fluffwise)?
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

I don't know what you have against Lokhir, he's harder to kill than your average Master on foot, and he slaughters light infantry blocks. If you want to extend his life expectancy make sure he charges flanks.

As for units, all heroes (if able) should have Sea Dragon Cloaks. You could make one master without a cloak to represent a young noble on his first raid (when they earn the cloak)

Sorceresses are welcome on boards of ships, Khainites of all sorts would warrant a larger invasion force and not your typical raid. (although witch elves always crave blood... it's more about the corsairs not wanting to have crazed bloodthirsty women on board)

I'd fill Core with mostly corsairs and some harpies, maybe a unit of Dark Riders (but Shades can fill that role as well)

Special units would be really limited to Shades. Knights can be shipped across, so can Black Guard if Malekith has personal interest in the raid.

Rare definitely Bolt Throwers, and a sea dragon represented by Hydra stats ;)
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16
Madrid69
Trainee Warrior

Post by Madrid69 »

I've red somewere that the 6th edition DE Army book had a 'Raiders of Nagarroth army list.

As I don't have this book (going to look for it one day), could anyone tell me this army list (choices)?

thx!!
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

If I recall correctly the Dark elf player was able only to take nobles/highborns (masters/dreadlords), corsairs, shades, dark riders and reapers and possibly warriors. That may be incomplete since I don't have the book to hand.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Whtdwrf11
Slave on the Altar

Post by Whtdwrf11 »

Drainial wrote:If I recall correctly the Dark elf player was able only to take nobles/highborns (masters/dreadlords), corsairs, shades, dark riders and reapers and possibly warriors. That may be incomplete since I don't have the book to hand.

This is pretty much spot on but no warriors and it was only 0-1 shades and all characters had to take sea dragon cloaks of course.