Background music to play whilst gaming with Druchii...

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Dangerous Beans
The Guiding Eye
Location: Sat drinking 'soul stealer' cocktails in the city of Vilebrier with Morathi...

Background music to play whilst gaming with Druchii...

Post by Dangerous Beans »

I'm just wondering what music people play as background stuff whilst gaming with their druchii?

I'm quite fond of:
- Tron Legacy sound track by Daft Punk (listen to a sample HERE)
- Voice of Wilderness - and particularly The Hunting Song by Korpiklaani (listen HERE)
- Before a pivotal turn/one with numerous potentially game winning combats! Battle Metal (and particularly their track with the same name as the album) by Turisas :twisted: (listen HERE)

Notably for the druchii they're either war like or dark and forboding/mysterious...

What other suggestions do you guys have?
Dirty Mac
Assassin

Post by Dirty Mac »

Hey man, If you like Turisas, You might like Bal-Sagoth, now admittedly it might take a couple of listens to get used to the vocals, but the riffs are good and the overall sound is great.

This is one track of "Starfire Burning Upon the Ice-Veiled Throne of Ultima Thule" yes that is the Album title. the whole album is awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9hXyT3nRa8

Have a listen to that, I hope you like it.
Rejoice and Revel in the Triumph of the Dark.

dreadlord7476
Cold One Knight

Post by dreadlord7476 »

this is one i just game to no matter what army im playing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAOTSO9i ... 8526B755D2
Twitter @dreadlord7476

the dead savoir nothing, revenge is a dish for the living

kailleth blackthorn Group 38
Warrior
ws5 s4 t3 d3 i4
2long swords, light armour, sheld
Nicol247
Trainee Warrior

Post by Nicol247 »

Manowar .Hail and KIll.Epic!
How can i sacrifice zombies to khaine!?!
Dangerous Beans
The Guiding Eye
Location: Sat drinking 'soul stealer' cocktails in the city of Vilebrier with Morathi...

I love how so many druchii players are metalheads, rockers and punks :D Manowar is CLASSIC!

Gladiator is a classic choice too - and I'd reckon the soundtracks to 300, Troy, Braveheart and other 'action/war' films would be good too: anyone got any suggestions of these kind of films? Preferably with a good soundtrack (but also just generally any good recommendations for decent war/battle films)
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Rock's not bad but Manowar and the like are really a bit more on the WOC side of things; pretty much anything by Wagner and the Ring cycle in particular fits Druchii very well.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Smiler666
Highborn

Post by Smiler666 »

following on with Dranial, if several harpies/peggies/etc. are attacking on the turn, then this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGU1P6lBW6Q :would be appropriate.
Opus vos liberaverit
Tyrannus deathbringer
Noble

What is best in life?

Post by Tyrannus deathbringer »

Nothing like a bit of Basil Poledouris when your Cold One Cavalry attack...

Anvil of Crom:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHfE682mm3c

Riders of Doom:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lKUYAnqxjU&feature=related

:twisted:
"All who surrender will be enslaved; whoever does not surrender but opposes with struggle and dissension, shall be annihilated."
Lord tsunami
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord tsunami »

pick lore of fire and put this one on :D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBtCoZqU0Y8
Nightcall
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Nightcall »

When I'm in a Druchii sort of mood, the following does it for me. I'll link in a track so you can an idea of what they sound like.

Danny Elfman, Sleepy Hollow Soundtrack
The Tree of Death

Dimmu Borgir, Death Cult Armageddon, or In Sorte Diaboli
Progenies of the Great Apocalypse

Emperor, In the Nightside Eclipse
I Am The Black Wizards

Two Steps from Hell, Invincible, or Archangel
Heart of Courage

... and other miscellaneous metal and fantasy themed music.
Casaythe Blackstorm - Warrior (Corsair) - Group 22
Skills: Awareness, Endurance
Equipment: Short Sword, Glaive, Medium Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak, Repeater Crossbow, clip of bolts [11/20], 405 gold, Talisman of Darkness, Tool Kit, 2 months' rations
Stats: WS4, S4, T5, D3, I4

Mod, Group 38
Kaleth stinson
Black Guard

Post by Kaleth stinson »

I like to have just some background music from symphonies or epic music from LoTR and stuff like that when i play with mye non-metalhead friends.

But when i do play with my metalhead friends and i play DE its all about the Black Metal.

I like to listen to Death Metal when I play my Tomb Kings.

Funny how that works...
Jaith wrote:
"Why 10% more expensive?"

Mighty Beardtrix wrote:
"Because GW once said:"

"All your cash are belongs to us!"
Dangerous Beans
The Guiding Eye

Great stuff thank you guys! This is a great way to expand our music collections! I particularly love Danny Elfman - and Sleepy Hollow is one of my favourite films of all time! The soundtrack is very dark elf like - sinister and magical but haunting and disturbed... The bell tolling is like some distant town bell sounding the alarm, but too late...

Dimmu Borgir sounds the rasping of some ancient and black hearted druchii commander but set to something akin to some of the Matrix soundtrack! :D

Anyone heard of deathstars before? Pretty gothy (not that thats a bad thing or anything like that though I certainly don't look like a goth sadly) and so might be a bit too Warriors of Chaosy... I think Drainial makes a valid comment that druchii-like music (which in my mind has a slightly off key melodic intersection) and Chaos Warriors music (in my mind plain and simple all out classic Heavy Metal with no extra fiddly bits/distortion
"Cyanide"

I do love a bit of Blind Guardian - this song sounds political/dark/mysterious in my mind:
"Nightfall"

And never heard of these guys til now but Theatre of Tragedy?
"Image"

Finally classic operatic metal from Nightwish!
Old: "Wish I had an angel"
New: "Storytime"
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

Kaleth - I know what you mean! Black metal works oh so well for Druchii, whether it's the sweeping symphonic stuff, or the minimalistic that evokes the Land of Chill. :) Have you heard Nile? Anubis by Septic Flesh is also a good track for Nehekara!

Dangerous Beans - Those suggestions all fit the bill, and yes, I love threads like this where we get to discover new ideas. Deathstars are a bit too "cheesy" (sorry! :P) for my tastes (says she who likes Dimmu Borgir, lol!). I prefer my goth music with an industrial tone, like Ministry, Killing Joke, etc. However The Vision Bleak might be up your ally, good, spooky stuff with a fun sound to them. This is gorgeous too, by Sun of the Sleepless.
Equipment: Short Sword, Glaive, Medium Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak, Repeater Crossbow, clip of bolts [11/20], 405 gold, Talisman of Darkness, Tool Kit, 2 months' rations

Mod, Group 38
Thaluzhind
Slave on the Altar

Post by Thaluzhind »

For a more classical style, one can always go with the music composed specially for the Druchii, straight out of Warhammer Online! The game has two Dark Elf-themed tracks on the official soundtrack, Black Ark's Approach and Blood Tithes. The Chaos-themed soundtracks, The Bird God Wakes and Embracing Pestilence, are pretty good for us too, but the Ork themed ones (though also good music) lack the eeriness that fits the Druchii so well and the ones for Order are much too heroic. Jumping to other Games Workshop-sponsored music, the Dark Eldar Themefrom Dawn of War: Soulstorm is also very fitting.

The soundtrack to the venerable Warhammer: Dark Omen is also excellent, but recorded with old and inferior techniques :(.

I also second the vote for Two Steps from Hell, my favorite band. While I have yet to find a song of theirs that I dislike, and I'm frankly rabid about the majority of them, their Ashes album is probably the best for the Dark Elves; it's terrifying. For epic battle music, their albums Legend, Invincible, and Archangel are excellent. For somewhere between the two, Illumina, Dreams and Imaginations, Power of Darkness, and All Drums Go To Hell spring to mind. Personal favorite songs that retain Druchii darkness: Freedom Fighters, Protectors of the Earth, Tristan, Black Blade. I could go on.

For metal, definitely Nightwish. I need say no more.
Black ships sail onward like blades formed of sin, gliding upon the bitter cold wind.
They strike without mercy, rob men of breath, leave only silence, emptiness, death.

.............................{--|o Brotherhood of the Coast o|--}
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

Thank you for the heads up, I had not seen Ashes. Their early stuff seems very hard to come by, my search was eventually successful though; I obtained the rather unofficial, yet still splendid "Two Steps From Hell: Volume 1" from shall we say, Sartosa...

Mod, Group 38
Saintofm
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Saintofm »

I have a wide selection.
I have one cd with movie Themes and another with horror movie themes, so I go with that (The Omen, Jaws, Frankensitine, the Gary Oldman Dragula theme, Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves, and Last of the Mohekans can go with either 40k or Fantasy).

The occational classical music if it fits the tone.

Dragon Force and some Demon Hunter
Who needs sanity? I have a Hydra
Darkmark
Beastmaster

Post by Darkmark »

Thought this would have been moved ;)

Anyways the Scream remix of La Roux's In For The Kill (with a funky 300 vid version):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKW1rsaKOnA

And a shameless plug for my cousin's first video, the metallers should like it, though not my thing these days:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4G5928- ... e=youtu.be
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

I just purchased The Definitive Horror Music Collection by The City Of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra, which is superb. (Just skip the Twilight track... :lol: )

Another great soundtrack is The Fountain. The theme is around the underworld and the Lords of Xibalba, the Mayan death deities. Chilling stuff.

Mod, Group 38
Saintofm
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Saintofm »

Also, Within Temptation: Can never go wrong with a few songs from them
Who needs sanity? I have a Hydra
L1qw1d

Post by L1qw1d »

for me? I'm too sexy.
Oderint dum Metuant.
Ataroth
Dark Rider

Post by Ataroth »

Whenever I'm playing 40K it tends to be Bolt Thrower if I'm playing Chaos, or some weird EBM like Psyclon Nine if I'm playing Necrons.

For Druchii though, and fantasy in general it's nearly always cheesy power metal or folk. Bathory is a good choice.

Also it's ace that nearly everyone who posted in here has a fantastic taste in music.
"Submit To Self Destruction"
Eldria
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Eldria »

When playing Dark Elves I tend to go for "Dude looks like a lady" its the only thing that stops my skin crawling ;)

Otherwise its the typical run down:

Turisas,
Amorphis,
Epica,
Lord of the Rings Soundtrack,
Demons and Wizards
Random anime fight music...
A High Elf and Demon player lurking with his darker friends.
Sim2k
Trainee Warrior

Post by Sim2k »

This is perfect for Cold Ones...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kevdt1T9daA
Kairon of the Coiled Mist (Group 36 - warrior)

Stats: WS4 S4 T3 D3 I4
Equipment: Light Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak, Bastard Sword
Skills: None

I Love Daisy
Omnichron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Omnichron »

Well, I go with whatever I can to make my opponents annoyed, going with Justin Bieber, Hanson brothers and other songs that makes normal people puke.

When I win, I put on "OOps I did it again" with Britney Spears

.... Well, not really. I hate those songs :P

I usually just listen to the range of music I enjoy. I used to play alot of Tool (Which still is my favourite band), NiN, Foo Fighters, Opeth and so on, while today I am a bit more into dubstep and D&B... I change around a bit now and then, and often come back to the "old" hits I used to listen to.... nothing special for the battles.

I did have a 40k list though with Meshuggah, Slipknot and Metalocalypse... a bit of heavy music for heavy battles.
Personal quote: "It's better to do little damage and lose nothing than to do lots of damage and lose everything."
Final tournament score for 7th DE book in 8th edition - W/D/L: 25/5/10