What banner for CoK?

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Lorddrittz
Beastmaster

Post by Lorddrittz »

Interesting observations KillerK.

I did think the Lvl 4 Metal Mage would be not as effective vs. certain armies so I will try your suggestion of Lvl 4 Shadow & Lvl 2 Metal.

I will also look at reducing Corsair numbers allowing a few more Witches.

I will probably stick with the BG as they are so reliable
Dark Elf Battles

Win/Draw/Loss
10 : 1 : 4 7th Ed Codex
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Re: What banner for CoK?

Post by Daeron »

Hm, just to make sure... When you put the banner of Hag Graef on the COKs, the cold ones gain ASF as well right? I'm suddenly unsure about this, but it would make a tremendous difference.
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
Omnichron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Omnichron »

Daeron wrote:Hm, just to make sure... When you put the banner of Hag Graef on the COKs, the cold ones gain ASF as well right? I'm suddenly unsure about this, but it would make a tremendous difference.

Yes, they all gain ASF... which makes miasma even more powerful as a I of 2 or less on the enemy mean reroll to hit on them!
Personal quote: "It's better to do little damage and lose nothing than to do lots of damage and lose everything."
Final tournament score for 7th DE book in 8th edition - W/D/L: 25/5/10
Atanatari165
Shade

Post by Atanatari165 »

Yep, banners affect everything in the unit.

Speaking of mount re-rolls, it always annoys me how our book clearly states that eternal hatred applies to mounts (page 43 last line), and they they went and errata'd that out.
Ichiyo1821
Highborn

Re:

Post by Ichiyo1821 »

Killerk wrote:I had a similar list a few months ago, but it's better on paper then on the table. I kept at the idea, and what I suggest.

A l4 metal is about as effective as l1 or l2. played with l4 metal last year. a lv 2 is much better choice. I found that the l4 in some match ups is just a waist of points, as the spells she has, do nothing to help the army. Considering the points you spend on her.

18-21 corsairs do about as much damage as 30. but are 1/3 of the price.

with out a l4 shadow or soulbilght (death magic) Bg are as good as warriors vs all the MC and MI and knight's that are so common now, especially with the new Woch out. their role is taken up by the corsairs. The unit can keep up with the meta game. The last few book's made sure that the model count is down, but the average T and Armour has increased greatly, and the BG IMHO lost their effectiveness. While CoK and exes started to look more and more attractive.

l2 shadow doesn't have the power of the l4, best to change the lore.

All in all I would suggest l4 shadow and l2 metal, possibly with the toum of furion.

I beg to differ, a level 2 might not have the killing power of a level 4 but with TOF a level 2 is just as effective as you only need to keep up Miasma and on debuff constantly and the points you save goes to your Drealord and army. I run a level 2 with TOF at 2250 and always just get Miasma then Wither or Enfeeble(almost always Wither over Enfeeble) God forbid I roll and get exactly those 3! The rest are juat icing to Shadow to be honest. Miasma plus the debuffs are what Shadow is about.
8th Edition

W/D/L
86/1/5

New AB
W/D/L
32/1/0

9th Age
W/D/L

Vae Victis
Character kill count -182

"To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill."

Armies