General Druchii Overview Request

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Fireballoflight
Slave on the Altar

General Druchii Overview Request

Post by Fireballoflight »

Hi, I am a 40k player wanting to come over to fantasy. I own a rulebook, but I am asking people about general army playstyles and light specific unit tacticas before I decide on a force. Most forums I have looked at has had an article with that in, but I cannot find such a thing on this site; looking at D.R.A.I.C.H. is too specific for a newbie from what I can see.

Can someone oblige for the Dark Elves? Otherwise I may just go over to the Dark (Light?) side: the High Elves; and ANY true Druchii welcomes more cannon fodder to throw into the war! :D
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Hi, fireballoflight, welcome to the dark side! :twisted:

WHFB has some similarities with WH40k, but also many differences.
Especially, your units are much less agile than in 40k and shooting is much less effective, which forces you to plan ahead more carefully.

I understand that you don't want to read all the threads linked from the D.R.A.I.C.H.!
Would you mind reading at least that one?
D.R.A.I.C.H. Dark Elves units under 8th edition.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Holt
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Holt »

I was reading on Warseer a few days ago and came across this post: http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthrea ... se-and-Why

It goes into the special choices and there are some quite good posts by a guy called tmarichards that I thought may be useful for you. Maybe a bit too in depth for what you want but I'll post it anyway for others.
Want some tips on controlling those frenzied units? http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=71791&highlight=