Har ganeth Executioners

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Sisstros
Dark Rider

Post by Sisstros »

Zenith wrote:It's certainly no death star, not by 8th edition guidelines to be sure., but the hag is just so fragile,. i wont buy her

As I say above, in my experience of attending tournaments with a 30 Executioner + Death Hag unit, keeping her alive is not usually a problem. Indeed thinking about it, by taking adequate precautions, I can't recall a single game where I have been worried about it

Give her the Rune of Khaine and she will knock off 4 or 5 rank and file on her own, plus an average of perhaps 20 kills from the Executioners means there are usually not all that many attacks coming back anyway.

For a Lore of Metal based list I think they are by far and away the most optimal combat unit.
вы претендуете оплатить, мы претендуем работать
Vulcan
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Vulcan »

phierlihy wrote:30 Executioners plus a Death Hag Battle Standard Bearer plus a Cauldron of Blood is 700ish points. For that kind of investment *cough*deathstar*cough* it should be able to lay a whipping on something. It's a third of your army in one block. WTH do people expect?! Put that many points into anything that's not a greenskin and it's gonna kill stuff...

Anything that dies as quickly as an Executioner Horde is NOT a deathstar. T3 5+ save is NOT that tough to survive anything and preserve its points. Even Skaven slaves can rip the heard out an Executioner horde as they die.

Deathstars aren't about killing stuff (although the best ones are really good at it), they are about denying points. That's why the classic one is the ChosenStar. T4, 4+/4++ save is a beast to try and kill to the last man.

EDIT: And now I see the point has been made already... :oops: