Hoteks Column

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Mrdark12
Shade

Hoteks Column

Post by Mrdark12 »

Hey guys,
I was looking though the Dark Elf book and started looking over the map of Naggaroth and seen Hoteks Column, what is it, I've never heard anything about it other than where it is on the map, does anyone have any information about it.
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

It is just something on the map as far as I am aware, you could try critical hit to see if there is anything but I don't think there is. One assumes it was the residence or artifice of Hotek, he of the armour of midnight and his eponymous ring. At the moment though it is just something to fill in a rather blank map with only 6 cities.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Tyrannus deathbringer
Noble

Post by Tyrannus deathbringer »

It's the Altar of Ultimate Darkness that I want to know about :D
"All who surrender will be enslaved; whoever does not surrender but opposes with struggle and dissension, shall be annihilated."
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

The alter is chaos related I believe. It is connected to the everchosen; Archaon (and presumably the others) had to go there for some reason, got some special mark of chaos undivided there or something. It was in the Storm of chaos background if I remember rightly.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Tyrannus deathbringer
Noble

Post by Tyrannus deathbringer »

Cool. They eventually put it to some fluff use after all :)

Thx Drainial.
"All who surrender will be enslaved; whoever does not surrender but opposes with struggle and dissension, shall be annihilated."
Mrdark12
Shade

Post by Mrdark12 »

The Alter is also the site of a battle between the Dark Elves and the Demons of Chaos to.
Red...
Generalissimo

Post by Red... »

http://legacywfrp.pbworks.com/w/page/16 ... teksColumn

No idea about it at all, but that was what a quick google search brought up...
"While all answers are replies, not all replies are answers. So answer the question."

Don't be a munchkin?

I am an Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman
Dangerous Beans
The Guiding Eye
Location: Sat drinking 'soul stealer' cocktails in the city of Vilebrier with Morathi...

Post by Dangerous Beans »

I'm not sure how much credence I would place in that legacywfrp link to be honest Red... - much as it is interesting, I have never heard of any Black Dragon attacks against druchii culture - nor (as mentioned earlier) the black dragons uniting with the Asur to destroy Clar Kharond... Its interesting stuff but fan based and non-canon

As far as I know, Hotek's Column is either his workshop (more likely) or simply a piece of architecture, however being as the dark elves rarely build or make something without a use or function I find it hard to believe this second concept.

The altar of ultimate darkness is where the final tests of the everchosen are carried out to determine whether or not the candidate (who has found the 4 artefacts needed to enter the bleak mountain - one for each of the gods) is sufficient enough. Each of the four gods will set a single task which the candidate must pass: Archaon endured Nurgle and Tzeentch then met Slaanesh who gave him a riddle and finally Khorne who made him fight and have to defeat a bloodthirster. Should all 4 of these be accomplished then he is given the Crown of the Everchosen (the daemonprince Belannar coronated Archaon) which is sat atop the Altar.

However current GW canon has the timeline frozen in the moments following from Archaon's coronation: he is ready to sweep down and destroy the old world but has not yet left the chaos wastes.

In the past, the daemon who eventually possesses Malus - Tz'Arkan is the one who opens a portal to the realm of chaos within the Mountain containing the altar of ultimate darkness, the druchii then had to assail and prevent the daemons from spilling out across Naggaroth and ended up having a massive battle: though this is more my own speculation than written canon (sadly!)

Hope that helps both questions ;)

edit: PS. I don't think critical hit exists anymore as a webstie :(
van Awful
Highborn

Post by van Awful »

I'm not sure how much credence I would place in that legacywfrp link to be honest Red... - much as it is interesting, I have never heard of any Black Dragon attacks against druchii culture

Seems to me its a mercenary army...Though i never heard of it before!
Nec spe, nec metu

Mrdark12
Shade

Post by Mrdark12 »

I really hope the fall of Clar karond is just a fan fic, becuase Black Dragons are supposed to work with Dark Elves as they a kinship in their hate.
Dangerous Beans
The Guiding Eye
Location: Sat drinking 'soul stealer' cocktails in the city of Vilebrier with Morathi...

Post by Dangerous Beans »

Indeed Mr Dark - it is a fan fic piece, don't worry none of this is canon... ;)

You've never heard of it before van Awful because of this...
Mrdark12
Shade

Post by Mrdark12 »

phew, that's a load off my mind at least haha, damn high elves getting above their station
van Awful
Highborn

Post by van Awful »

Besides that , Its a mercenary army called the black dragons , not actual dragons!
Nec spe, nec metu

Mrdark12
Shade

Post by Mrdark12 »

@ Van Aweful
That actually makes it seem worse that they think a merc army could take on the slavers tower, it makes even less sense that way