are harpies a must

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Druchiinoob
Shade

are harpies a must

Post by Druchiinoob »

Hey evil doers.

I have a tournement coming up next month 2400 etc rules. I have no harpies and my list has to be in next thursday. Are harpies needed or do you think i can roll without them. If I take some i would have to make them or find cheap ones.
Lokil
Warrior

Post by Lokil »

They help alot with redirecting and other more advanced stuff.
Witout them you will lack a substantial amount of tactical ability however obviously you can play without them and be competitive... It really depends on your playing style with the druchii.
I rarely leave my house without them.
• Name: Akish Shadowborn
• Male Khainite
• WS4 S3 T3 D4 I4
• Equipment: Dagger, 2 Short Swords, Throwing Dagger x4, Light Armour,
• Skills: Basic Stealth
Cold73
Highborn

Post by Cold73 »

Same here actually...i always use atleast one unit of 5..often two of them.

They serve so many purposes....from the basic war machine hunting to the redirecting.
Most of our units would be hard pressed to stand up against a horde...but by redirecting them away from our battlelines you can either walk around them or get off a flank charge or two.
Lord tsunami
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord tsunami »

harpies, shades, dark riders. all are good, and you need some units of either. you do not specifically need harpies, but an army without either will be crushed by most clever opponents.
Omnichron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Omnichron »

Those times you meet a WoC army with 3-4 khorne marked warriors or knights, you will regret not fielding the harpies. They are just so flexible and good that I wouldn't be without really.
Personal quote: "It's better to do little damage and lose nothing than to do lots of damage and lose everything."
Final tournament score for 7th DE book in 8th edition - W/D/L: 25/5/10
Kabbala
Warrior

Post by Kabbala »

I agree with Lord Tsunami in that you don't need harpies per se. But you do need something to redirect/charge block. Personally, I prefer using Dark Riders and add in shades as points allow. Though I may finally get around to converting up some nice looking harpies from the new Raging Heros Preying Mantis minis.
Red...
Generalissimo

Post by Red... »

What Lord Tsunami and Kabbala said. A combat character on a pegasus master can also help fulfil this role.

@Lokil: You never leave the house without them? Even when you're heading out for other purposes than warhammer? ;)
"While all answers are replies, not all replies are answers. So answer the question."

Don't be a munchkin?

I am an Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman
Druchiinoob
Shade

Post by Druchiinoob »

ok thanks guys. Ive ordered some cheap harpies from ebay. They are not gw ones .I watched a tourney the the other week and saw a druchii player with the same ones and they look alright (maybe abit small) . I just dont have the time to convert my own and then paint them.
van Awful
Highborn

Post by van Awful »

Raging Heros Preying Mantis minis

Wow great idea, some nice looking models!
Nec spe, nec metu

I am an Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman