Peglords are now T4

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Brad
Executioner

Peglords are now T4

Post by Brad »

New rulebook FAQ here changes monstrous cav to now use the highest of the two T values.

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/conte ... eMode=true
A missive from the desk of Kylekin, Prince of Nhaeroth, Land of the Setting Sun

8th ed stats (W/L/D)
DE: 1/0/0
DoC: 2/1/0
Empire: 0/1/0
WoC: 0/1/0
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

Wow. Dark Elves with... T..4...?!
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

They finally end the debate!

"If a unit charges into combat and, on the turn it charges, the last of the enemy unit it is fighting are removed as casualties due to Daemonic Instability, the Unstable special rule, Cornered Rats or as a result of a War Machine failing its Break test, does the charging unit get to make an Overrun move? (p58)."
"No"
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
Dyvim tvar
Lord of the Dragon Caves
Lord of the Dragon Caves

Post by Dyvim tvar »

Yep -- empire detachments got a lot better too.
Truly These are the End Times ...
Phierlihy
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Phierlihy »

They also got worse - they are now the only unit in warhammer that can counter-charge an enemy and the enemy still gets the benefit of impact hits. Meh.
Proud supporter of druchii.net
phierlihy@druchii.net
Setomidor
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Setomidor »

Demigryph knights are now T4, 1+ save, 3W and immune to KB... cost of about five Witch Elves and a Spearman per model, insane!
Dyvim tvar
Lord of the Dragon Caves
Lord of the Dragon Caves

Post by Dyvim tvar »

Don't forget that our Sorceresses get this T boost as well!

Setomidor wrote:Demigryph knights are now T4, 1+ save, 3W and immune to KB... cost of about five Witch Elves and a Spearman per model, insane!

The proliferation of 1+ stuff like this has caused me to move to an Executioner-based army with the ASF banner. These guys may be immune to Killing Blow, but lots of strength 6 attacks with re-rolls to hit will still bring them down.
Omnichron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Omnichron »

Demigryphs? Mindrazor them to hell!

On a more serious note though, small units of demi gryphs are insanely good now... all part of GWs plans to get the sales up even more.

I have to say that it makes more sense that you use the toughness of the monster and not the rider though, but the demigryphs should have been much more expensive.
Personal quote: "It's better to do little damage and lose nothing than to do lots of damage and lose everything."
Final tournament score for 7th DE book in 8th edition - W/D/L: 25/5/10
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

On the other hand, for Empire, mounts have no longer the priest's hatred - demichickens included.

For Empire detachments, basically they use their parent regiment's ranks to determine steadfast. Only exception is when parent regiment has lost steadfast due to being in combat against a longer unit.

Overall, good job for clarification by GW.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Omnichron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Omnichron »

Calisson wrote:Overall, good job for clarification by GW.

Agreed and about time. Especially nice with the clarifications about scouts not counting when it comes to who finished deploying first (And that +1).
Personal quote: "It's better to do little damage and lose nothing than to do lots of damage and lose everything."
Final tournament score for 7th DE book in 8th edition - W/D/L: 25/5/10
Underway
Silver Khaine Winner

Post by Underway »

Biggest changes by far are how the new unstable rules and the entombed below the sands rule works for TK. That army just got a HUGE boost in those two changes. Huge.
Ataroth
Dark Rider

Post by Ataroth »

Another minor change for us is the hatred plus re-roll successful hits is now just accept the first roll rather than re-roll all the attacks. Doesn't really make a difference but it is a change.
"Submit To Self Destruction"
Phierlihy
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Phierlihy »

Underway wrote:Biggest changes by far are how the new unstable rules and the entombed below the sands rule works for TK. That army just got a HUGE boost in those two changes. Huge.

Actually I think the biggest change is the boost Vampire Counts got. So 50 points for 10 skeletons makes a pretty good speed bump, and 40 points for 5 dire wolves makes a great speed bump. 60 points for a wraith hero is a spike strip. 32 points for 2 fell bats is stupidly good. This doesn't make up for the nerf they took to the Fear rule in 8th edition but it is close! This rule alone will kill deathstar units.
Proud supporter of druchii.net
phierlihy@druchii.net
Ataroth
Dark Rider

Post by Ataroth »

With regards to the new rule for Unstable? Can the victors still combat reform after the Skellies crumble?
"Submit To Self Destruction"
Dyvim tvar
Lord of the Dragon Caves
Lord of the Dragon Caves

Post by Dyvim tvar »

Unanswered ...

But I would think yes. You can always combat reform if you win a round of combat. Absence of enemy should not change that.
Holt
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Holt »

Or as I pointed out on the other thread, T5 with they are wearing the +1T armour. Might see him appearing in a few of my lists I am thinking, just to see the look on my opponents face, before he cuts him down anyway haha.
Want some tips on controlling those frenzied units? http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=71791&highlight=
Lorddrittz
Beastmaster

Post by Lorddrittz »

Dark Elf Sorceresses on Dark Pegasus T4 as well.
Dark Elf Battles

Win/Draw/Loss
10 : 1 : 4 7th Ed Codex
Dyvim tvar
Lord of the Dragon Caves
Lord of the Dragon Caves

Post by Dyvim tvar »

devils reject wrote:

Or as I pointed out on the other thread, T5 with they are wearing the +1T armour. Might see him appearing in a few of my lists I am thinking, just to see the look on my opponents face, before he cuts him down anyway haha.

I don't think it works this way. You put a T4 Dreadlord on a T4 mount you get a T4 Dreadlord.
Burizan
Beastmaster

Post by Burizan »

I might try out a Peg Master with shield of ghrond, effectively T5 and +1 wound with a nice 25pt allowance left. That item just got a load better, perhaps still not good enough though. Cloak of Hag Graef got a tiny bit better too.
Underway
Silver Khaine Winner

Post by Underway »

Dyvim Tvar wrote:
devils reject wrote:

I don't think it works this way. You put a T4 Dreadlord on a T4 mount you get a T4 Dreadlord.

Correct. You use the highest T in the unit.

Unanswered ...

But I would think yes. You can always combat reform if you win a round of combat. Absence of enemy should not change that.

Correct again.

Actually I think the biggest change is the boost Vampire Counts got. So 50 points for 10 skeletons makes a pretty good speed bump, and 40 points for 5 dire wolves makes a great speed bump. 60 points for a wraith hero is a spike strip. 32 points for 2 fell bats is stupidly good. This doesn't make up for the nerf they took to the Fear rule in 8th edition but it is close! This rule alone will kill deathstar units.

The charging unit does not get an overrun if the enemy is wiped out due to unstable. If I charge and kill all the Dire wolves before I get to the combat resolution phase I still get to overrun. Your 10 skellies had better get bumped up to 15 before you should feel safe that I just won't blast through. Fell bats better be upped to more models as well. Anything less than 12-15 wounds is not even going to speed bump many units. It's a bit more of a balancing act than it would first appear.
Dyvim tvar
Lord of the Dragon Caves
Lord of the Dragon Caves

Post by Dyvim tvar »

Underway wrote: Your 10 skellies had better get bumped up to 15 before you should feel safe that I just won't blast through. Fell bats better be upped to more models as well. Anything less than 12-15 wounds is not even going to speed bump many units. It's a bit more of a balancing act than it would first appear.

That's why the skellies will be in a Conga line so you can't get enough attacks to kill them all ... it's not because they like to dance!
Holt
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Holt »

@Dyvim Tvar: Got a bit ahead of myself there, seems quite obvious now that it has been pointed out, thanks.
Want some tips on controlling those frenzied units? http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=71791&highlight=
Gastronauticon
Beastmaster

Post by Gastronauticon »

Armor of Livning Death is still expensive but the option of a T5 peg-lord (with... pendant?) is rather interesting.

EDIT: As Devils Reject has already pointed out I see.
You have reached the Department of Circular Reasoning.

Please hold.
Holt
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Holt »

@Gastronauticon: I do not see any reason that Shield of Ghrond would not work though, this would give him the effect of T5 by reducing the attackers strength a bit.
Dyvim tvar
Lord of the Dragon Caves
Lord of the Dragon Caves

Post by Dyvim tvar »

Yep. Shield of Ghrond is the way to do it. Better than the armor anyway since it also helps decrease armor save modifiers.